Nov 13, 2013
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
at pro
etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went and hunted a vacant lot with sjvalleyhunter last night. Didn't find much but did end up with an old pad lock, $100 peso and a 1909 IH penny "s" mint! I'm happy.

image-2072178406.jpg

image-3031367088.jpg

image-4062157107.jpg

Upvote 20
Awesome injun!

Good job... all I'm getting lately is HORSESHOES (oxen & horse).

I was happy with my 1946 wheat until you pulled out that IH. I thought about trying to pull a switcheroo but I figured you'd notice if the Indian suddenly resembled Abraham Lincoln. :)

Very nice find. I love those Indians.

Great find. Where did you find a vacant lot with weeds shorter than a foot tall? Most of my vacant lots in the Valley are overrun with weeds right now. Makes for difficult hunting.

HH
MariposaGold

Very nice key date IH. Even with a little green patina on it that is probably a $700 coin. Only 300k minted! Great find!

Great find. Where did you find a vacant lot with weeds shorter than a foot tall? Most of my vacant lots in the Valley are overrun with weeds right now. Makes for difficult hunting. HH MariposaGold
There's a few in the fresno area. Not many but they're out there.

Very nice key date IH. Even with a little green patina on it that is probably a $700 coin. Only 300k minted! Great find!

I was thinking $10-$15 for value. I did not realize the no mint mark 1909 was that valuable. No matter the value it's a great coin.

I was thinking $10-$15 for value. I did not realize the no mint mark 1909 was that valuable. No matter the value it's a great coin.

this one is an 'S' mint. and as screwynewy said, it is probably worth about 700 in this condition. what a fantastic find!

Wow! That IH's awesome! I dug my 2nd one today but it don't look like that..I dug an 1881 IH today, nothing like seeing that green pop up. I hope to find one that nice some day...

this one is an 'S' mint. and as screwynewy said, it is probably worth about 700 in this condition. what a fantastic find!
I'm gonna try and get it graded.

Wow! That IH's awesome! I dug my 2nd one today but it don't look like that..I dug an 1881 IH today, nothing like seeing that green pop up. I hope to find one that nice some day...
Thanks! They're out there

1 sweet IHC! I would do back flips after finding that (if I could do back flips) lol

It is in very good shape. You can read the liberty. Get it professionally graded and encapsulated. Could be a $700+ coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back