What's new

1916 D?

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Fellow CRHers,

I found this coin recently. At first, I though it was a plain 1916 but I think I see a mintmark. It looks higher than the S mints I've seen. I actually have a 1916 D in fair condition and they look similar. Could this be an 1916 D?

Thank you in advance for your opinions/comments.

JasonB
 

Attachments

  • MM Circled.webp
    MM Circled.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0
Looks like the top of an S to me.
 
I see the curve also but I noticed when comparing that the S mints were lower in relation to that branch. The D's seemed to be higher like this one.

Anyone else getting that or am I trying to force this to be a key date?
 
I would hope for a "D" to -- sorry looks like a "S" to me
 
Sorry only one way to be sure.
Send it to a Grading Service.

at this point Any dealer will say S
Even If they think D
 
Try posting this over at the coin community forum. There are some great experts on there. They should be able to tell you fairly quickly if you have any doubts.


Here is the reverse of one recently found by someone on there.

After looking, I would say S.
 

Attachments

  • 1916d reverse.webp
    1916d reverse.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 301
One more try to convince you.
 

Attachments

  • One more.webp
    One more.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 264
  • One more.webp
    One more.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 274
if the first one is yours its a "s" --its a bit high and tight and close to the leaf like the D is , but theres is clearly s type curve to it .
 
Yours doesnt have the point on the top left of the D.
 
:icon_scratch: I looked close and I'd have to say an S. :dontknow: The D just won't have that curve to it, but we all could be wrong so I'd have a grading company look at it. :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom