What's new

1934 Chicago Worlds Fair, and first gold ring of the year

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out hunting today, dug a elongated penny from the Chicago Fair, and a nice 18kt man's gold ring. Been a real long time for any decent gold. Thanks for looking,
CurbdiggerCarl
 

Attachments

  • Gold Ring.webp
    Gold Ring.webp
    88.6 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0
nice score i like findding the pressed pennies it is better than zinc, i am still waiting to see the glow of gold in my plug.
 
Congrats on the cool digs! HH
 
Nice finds ... the elongated Worlds Fair penny is a cool piece of history ~ Jimmy
 
Thanks. Never found any elongated cents up until a week ago, now I've dug two. Happy about the ring, but that's something that I would sell in a heart beat, but the penny I'll cherish.
 
LOVE the worlds fair token/coin :)

Excellent find/s!

HH
 
Nice token and ring :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Hello CB!
You're doing better with those tokens aren't you? :)
That World's Fair token is simply outlandish!

It's strange how things happen; I seem to have a weird knack for finding tokens. I found 3 more so far this week but nothing like the Trinidad Bar 2-1/2 in trade from last week. Here's a pic of the best; the other two were aluminum junkers. The Chambers token is about the size of a nickel and says "GOOD FOR FIVE CENTS IN TRADE" on the reverse. It's either copper or bronze. At first, I thought it was a washer.

Thanks!
GRB
 

Attachments

  • Chambers Token-700.webp
    Chambers Token-700.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 384
COOL fair relic find and GOLD ring find !!! :occasion14:

A DANG good day MD'ing :headbang:

Congrats !! :thumbsup:

D. :icon_sunny:
 
The rolled penny is a super find. I found one from the St. Louis World's Fair. Yours is just as good. Great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom