What's new

1939-S Walking Liberty Half dollar!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I got out for a few hours today downtown ~ I only found a few wheat cents and some clad coins. But then late in the day I got invited by a friend to join him at a spot that he received permission to hunt. We both dug several wheat cents and clad, but I dug the only silver coin that was found there ~ a 1939-S Walking Liberty Half dollar! This is the 2nd Walker that I've found in less than 2 weeks!

I took pic's of it before and after I cleaned it up. This is my silver coin find #44 for the year!

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • April11-2010dirtyOBV.webp
    April11-2010dirtyOBV.webp
    28 KB · Views: 811
  • April11-2010dirtyREV.webp
    April11-2010dirtyREV.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 805
  • April11-2010cleanOBV.webp
    April11-2010cleanOBV.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 822
  • April11-2010cleanREV.webp
    April11-2010cleanREV.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 818
Upvote 0
Odd,

Thats a great looking coin, and great find but I bet your friend was pissed! LOL! Congrats!

Crackbadger
 
Thats a great coin. I have yet to get one this year. I usually get a couple a year, but they are hidin real good so far. Keep em comin. Your posts are great motivation.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
Good looking big silver :icon_thumleft: Nice hunt Dd60
 
Nice walker! Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the 1939-s Walker Half Neil. :thumbsup:
Those are sure pretty coins and getting
harder for normal people to find out here
too. WTG ! Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
What is that like your tenth this year? haha great find
 
CRACKBADGER said:
Odd,

Thats a great looking coin, and great find but I bet your friend was pissed! LOL! Congrats!

Crackbadger

THANKS man!

LOL ~ oh yeah ~ you're right ~ dude was PISSED ~ He cursed me out properly . . . . but he had a big smile on his face while he was telling me off!
 
Great Find! and # 44 awesome!
 
That is great. Those Walkers are about my favorite coin. I have always found WW II years when I find one. I have a few that are duplicate dates, but always that era. I always thought it was weird. Nice coin.

HH, Don
 
Nice,

Your tearing it up for silvers with that etrac.

HH Jer
 
Congrats on the walker she is in great shape. happy hunting RON
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom