What's new

1948 Indian Chief

Sidevalve45

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
603
Reaction score
692
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
It's been a long time since I've posted any pictures. I restored this motorcycle over about a two year period from a basket case finishing it this spring.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1744052830176.webp
    FB_IMG_1744052830176.webp
    135 KB · Views: 157
Looks fantastic! There are lots of people who might recognize an antique or vintage car as they pass by and think "wow, look at that old car!", but sadly not many people would recognize an old motorcycle unless they had some sort of knowledge of bikes to begin with.
 
Can any of you bike guys identify the year of this Indian? This is an old family friend from northern KY.View attachment 2231465
That style was made from 1909 through 1920/21ish but the shifter was on the left side up to around 1914 and on the right side after that, so about a 5 year span.
 
Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've posted any pictures. I restored this motorcycle over about a two year period from a basket case finishing it this spring.
Wow! Well done it looks beautiful.
 
Winner for sure. Both for the restoration and the styling of the photo. Which bike came first?
The mural was there first and is in my hometown. I didn't really care for the original colors so I settled on 1931 Ford Washington Blue which happened to be similar to the mural.
 
Nice resto job. This is a ‘41 Schwinn I restored. Another basket case brought back to life!View attachment 2231407
I like old bicycles too and that is very nice. I get a lot of satisfaction from resurrecting something that was given up for dead.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom