What's new

1958 Lincoln?

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,281
Reaction score
207,318
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sorting old finds, dumping the pennies in a sealer.
When this one caught my eye.
1958 Lincoln
Was/could be the first one?
A stinking-Zincoln?
2 grams +-
The photo shop is the correct edges of planchet.
Just a bad day in the sort.
Die squash
Very weird
Though the coin folks on thus forum will have an answer I hope.
Thanks
20221113_131246.png
20221113_131229.png
 
Just looks to be horribly mangled.
 
I’ve seen worse. Just a badly treated 1958 D.

Time for more coffee.
 
It looks like its guts are squished out.
Thinner than a regular cent.
 
That's what I would expect a Lincoln cent to look like excavated 1,000 years in the future.
 
When did they start philly on cents?
In early January 2017, cents bearing the current date and with the mint mark P appeared in circulation.
There was no P on the 1958 one cent.
Also this weighs 2 grams.
The 1958 weighs 3.11 grams.
Now I really :dontknow:
 
That P doesn't belong there.....that is stranger than the condition
 
Just a 1958D that took a hit on the mint mark......and everywhere else apparently!
 
Agree, Cuda. 1958D wheatie that is toasted.
 
Just a 1958D that took a hit on the mint mark......and everywhere else apparently!
I'm inclined to think that also.
Just one messed up coin.
Can't figure how the D got a tail on it.
Just made it B&W.
20221113_131246.webp
 
Huh! Looking at it made this song just pop in my head
 
I know that years ago, people counterfeited nickels, but did anyone recall if pennys were counterfeited too? Not a lot of profit there...(I know there are valuable pennys but the 1958 wasn't one of them)!
 
I know that years ago, people counterfeited nickels, but did anyone recall if pennys were counterfeited too? Not a lot of profit there...(I know there are valuable pennys but the 1958 wasn't one of them)!
A slug in a bubble gum despener is all I can remember on any efforts to cheat the system.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom