1999 penny rare?????

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I found a 1999 penny it looked weird when I found it it was covered in black like with dried up oil I noticed marks on the neck of lincoln well then I started to clean it off when I wiped it clean I noticed there was another image of lincoln like if you were to take the image and twist it to the right also same on the back does this coin have any value?? will upload pictures if needed thanks

Upvote 1

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I found a 1999 penny it looked weird when I found it it was covered in black like with dried up oil I noticed marks on the neck of lincoln well then I started to clean it off when I wiped it clean I noticed there was another image of lincoln like if you were to take the image and twist it to the right also same on the back does this coin have any value?? will upload pictures if needed thanks

It's possible that another penny was pressed against it in the ground. Love to see the image

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we can't help if we can't see it

Scouts out!

OP
OP
K

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1368528633679.jpg 1368528736549.jpg 1368528593693.jpg 1368528606380.jpg

OP
OP
K

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the same but the picture would be facing the opposite way if another coin was pressed

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see it I'm looking and looking but I can't make out another face

Scouts out!

OP
OP
K

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the camera I took the picture with didn't have a flash sorry about the quality of the pic but you can definently tell there is another Lincoln to the right of the main one

OP
OP
K

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at lincoln's jaw line its got imprints on it

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you picked the wrong kind of Shroom's... :occasion18:
Just a joke, but in all seriousness. I don't think this type of error can happen in the minting company. I also know that minting errors, rarely escape the mints. So if it is an error, I think you discovered a unique type. However, I don't think you have an error I think its just a crappy zinc penny. Fading away, as they do so well.

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
K

kenzo45133

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notice the ear and the markings on his jaw line the ingravings on it would of had to be made with the penny at a very hot temp. and would a faded penny have the same outline as Lincoln tilted a different way like the one I have? and ill upload a picture of the back its the same way as the front also you can rule out another penny compressed on top of this penny cause ive tried to line another penny up with this and its impossible cause the faded Lincoln would be facing the opposite direction it looks like it was stamped one time then stamped again in another direction

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the image of a unicorn using a Long Range Locator beside Lincoln's face.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Kenzo !

Unlike a few of the others here, who welcomed you with their sense of Humor :tongue3:
I really do want to see what you are seeing unfortunately the only
place I see the shape of an extra Chin is where I pointed the ^ & <
and I don't think it is what you mean :(

is it possible for you to add pointers Or try more pics at different angles ?

1368528606380.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
It looks to me like an extra ear and outline of a face. Really cool coin. Keeper. Almost like a double die of the face. Would need more pics to verify. But I like it.

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
It looks to me like an extra ear and outline of a face. Really cool coin. Keeper. Almost like a double die of the face. Would need more pics to verify. But I like it.

With that or there was a crack in the die. Not sure.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I see is a possibility of the separation between the outer copper and the inner core. I drew this conclusion evident ed by the circular bulges on the shoulder and the larger area that Jeff is pointing to.

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread