What's new

1st Gold....i think

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I dug a penny but had another target way off in the sidewall. Pulled what I assumed was a small sterling toe ring or kids finger ring. When I got home and took a closer look, instead of seeing "sterling" or ".925", I saw 525. Looked that up and alot of interweb sources say that means it's 14k. It air tests at 10-28 on the eTrac.

IMG_5499.webp IMG_5500.webp
 
Upvote 10
Good for you on your gold ring find!

tabman
 
I think 14K is marked as 585, never heard of 525 being stamped for Gold before.
Maybe it infact says "625" that is a well known gold standard for 15K gold. :thumbsup:
 
Did you look at it with a jewelers loop? Great job
 
I really don't want to burst a bubble here but it sure doesn't look like gold. I would have a jeweler test it though.
 
I really don't want to burst a bubble here but it sure doesn't look like gold. I would have a jeweler test it though.

yeah I mean if it is gold it's slow-playing it's hand. First, it's not 'gold' colored (could be white gold I guess). Second it's not stamped with a traditional '14k', but rather with what appeared to me through a loupe to be 525...but even that stamp was very worn.
 
yeah I mean if it is gold it's slow-playing it's hand. First, it's not 'gold' colored (could be white gold I guess). Second it's not stamped with a traditional '14k', but rather with what appeared to me through a loupe to be 525...but even that stamp was very worn.

It doesnt count anyway since it wasnt the target you were digging for. :laughing7:
 
Don't you just love secondary targets. :occasion14: Nice ring.
 
The first five is prob a nine so it'll still b a sweet silver
 
Yes gold congrats brother..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom