What's new

1st one ever

beekbuster

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2015
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,769
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not kidding, this is my very first Nevada gold nugget. It's nothing fancy. A flat piece with one tiny Chevron attached. When I dug it I figured it to be less than a gram. I had to weigh it multiple times to believe my little lee powder scale. 30.5 grains, or 1.95 grams. That is one dense little nugget. Got it at rye patch, which happens to be about the same distance the gold fields were from me in Shasta county before I moved. You Redding guys don't know how good youve got it. Gold there is far easier to find than anything in the desert
 
Upvote 7
Im not kidding, this is my very first Nevada gold nugget. It's nothing fancy. A flat piece with one tiny Chevron attached. When I dug it I figured it to be less than a gram. I had to weigh it multiple times to believe my little lee powder scale. 30.5 grains, or 1.95 grams. That is one dense little nugget. Got it at rye patch, which happens to be about the same distance the gold fields were from me in Shasta county before I moved. You Redding guys don't know how good youve got it. Gold there is far easier to find than anything in the desert
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250228_120932500_AE.webp
    IMG_20250228_120932500_AE.webp
    3 MB · Views: 119
Im not kidding, this is my very first Nevada gold nugget. It's nothing fancy. A flat piece with one tiny Chevron attached. When I dug it I figured it to be less than a gram. I had to weigh it multiple times to believe my little lee powder scale. 30.5 grains, or 1.95 grams. That is one dense little nugget. Got it at rye patch, which happens to be about the same distance the gold fields were from me in Shasta county before I moved. You Redding guys don't know how good youve got it. Gold there is far easier to find than anything in the desert
I can't tell to well by the photo however the nugget must be fairly thick and has no gaps or air hole.
Nice description of what you are seeing in that area.
Thanks for sharing.
 
Congratulations! Nice nugget. Thanks for posting.
 
Nicely done, you'll never forget that experience, and you found your gold in a classic gold hunting area.

All the best,

Lanny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom