What's new

2 Boxes, hand rolls and loose.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Not a great day.
Box 31-1 Ben, 2- 40%
Box 32- SKUNK
$352 Loose and hand rolls at 5 banks--Skunk
Better than nothing but a lot of work for 3 coins. I kinda got spoiled on my trip to Nevada.
 
Upvote 0
First, welcome back AW. I trust you had a great time in Nevada???

Keep plugging on the boxes....the silver will come. You know we all have the down sides with this hobby. Last week or week before...I went through 2 or 3 boxes and ended up with a lone 40%.

Keep em coming AW.......good luck on the next ones.
 
awhitster said:
Nevada was great LJ. See my recap link here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=106445.0
I forgot to say I picked up a box of dimes and found a 1947 silver dime.

Thanks for that link to your recap post AW. I missed that post all together. Congrats on the results also......love the picture of that old box. That is pretty cool.

Yes, it sounds like you had a ball! Again, welcome back.
 
lejeuene said:
awhitster said:
Nevada was great LJ. See my recap link here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=106445.0
I forgot to say I picked up a box of dimes and found a 1947 silver dime.

Thanks for that link to your recap post AW. I missed that post all together. Congrats on the results also......love the picture of that old box. That is pretty cool.

Yes, it sounds like you had a ball! Again, welcome back.
I tried to post as much as I could while on the road. I only had to go thru about $1200 in halves to get the box. It looks real nice now with my Bens and 64's in it.
BTW LJ, I didn't see a reply by you to this post, OMG--Visited the Cason City Mint today. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,104283.0.html. If you didn't read it, I think you will like it. Great pics.
 
awhitster said:
lejeuene said:
awhitster said:
Nevada was great LJ. See my recap link here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=106445.0
I forgot to say I picked up a box of dimes and found a 1947 silver dime.

Thanks for that link to your recap post AW. I missed that post all together. Congrats on the results also......love the picture of that old box. That is pretty cool.

Yes, it sounds like you had a ball! Again, welcome back.
I tried to post as much as I could while on the road. I only had to go thru about $1200 in halves to get the box. It looks real nice now with my Bens and 64's in it.
BTW LJ, I didn't see a reply by you to this post, OMG--Visited the Cason City Mint today. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,104283.0.html. If you didn't read it, I think you will like it. Great pics.

Wow AW....that was a very neat post. Yes, I did miss it...sorry about that. Thanks for bringing it up again for me.

I would love to tour a mint just to see the processes and experience what you did. It is amazing the pressure required to stike those coins. If I am ever near one, I will make it a point to do the tour.

Thanks again AW. Very neat post and the pictures are just great!!
 
One other thing AW...the picture with the material that the coins are punched out on that litle sheet.....what material is that? Is that clad, silver or what?
 
That is from a mint and it is for clads. The guy running the press said he had to beg a mint for it. They don't sell them but he talked them into it because it was for the museum. He said sometimes you will find pieces in mint bags of new coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom