S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UnEarthed72 said:
looks enamel....canadian maybe not too sure

nice finds

Sorry, yes, didn't give details - sterling w/ remnants of enamel, about an inch and a half tall. no other markings on back.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Heres a flag from northern ireland that has a few of the elements in yours(the right hand and crown)

Attachments

• gb)ni25flag.gif
    gb)ni25flag.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 399

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sweet finds, Au! I really like the broach. Must be driving you nuts trying to find out about the flag. It's really nice to see you and Johnny got out together. Hey Johnny! Thanks for posting for him Lara! ;)

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I missed this post yesterday....it's great that you posted Scott's finds Lara.

From my perspective I can tell everyone that we had a great day of treasure hunting, in what I think is a fascinating old farm field. The day was bright and sunning, almost hot in the direct sun light. We explored the upper level of two adjacent fields, as the lower field still contained a growing pumpkin patch.

These fields have been farmed, in one way or another, for many generations. The field we hunted had numerous targets and required patients and good detecting skills in order to self discriminate the targets, but in a field this old, with so much history nearby, I wouldn't want to hunt any other way than All Metal mode, after all, who knows what the coil could be passing over.

I called the field fascinating because, not only was it a perfect metal detecting spot, but it also had numerous items that could be spotted by eye, such as old bottles and marbles. I think you could spend a couple of hours here without a detector and still come away having a good time "treasure hunting".

Scott, who clearly has mastered and honed his detecting skills over many years, was quite adept at being able to "see" past numerous false targets and zone in on the good ones. It was great to see him pull the two treasures shown in this post out of the ground while we we were detecting. Scott had given me a wave to come over when he pulled the silver flag out and the moment I laid eyes on it I could tell he'd plucked himself a real keeper.

The beauty of this hobby is you just never know what your going to find. It never ceases to amaze me, all the different things that are pulled out of the ground and displayed here on Tnet.

Scott, congratulations on some excellent finds and thanks for an awesome day of detecting!

Johnny Cache Hunter

P.S.
Let me just give out a big thank you to Country Girl and Lara.
Without Country Girls get together and Lara deciding to bringing some friends along to join in the fun, I wouldn't have made Scott's acquaintance and had the great day of hunting I did.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Yea I couldnt find the exact flag per say,but they key to the pin is the(Red right hand)<<seems to be important and the crown(which can probably vary)in styling from what i was seeing.

if i come up with anything else i'll post it

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Interesting finds and a good story Johnny. Its always nice to team up and meet some of the people we talk to on here! HH all.....

Desertfox

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
the first piece looks like the top part of a victorian hair comb/pin... with all the long pins/teeth missing on the bottom...

hair.JPG

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Let me just give out a big thank you to Country Girl and Lara.
Without Country Girls get together and Lara deciding to bringing some friends along to join in the fun, I wouldn't have made Scott's acquaintance and had the great day of hunting I did.

You are very welcome! I really enjoyed meeting you folks and can't wait to get together again. Thanks for comming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread