What's new

2 Coppers, and a Silver 1834 to 1864

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't leave the house till 1:00 PM, tried the woods for awhile, pretty rough, gave up on that, and headed for home.

Decided to put in an hour at a spot I have found a few coins at, even though the last 2 hours I spent there I got skunked. Today was better, I wasn't there very long and get a pull tab signal 57-60, flipped the plug and there is what I thought was a modern small cent, that's strange I though, small cents usually much higher reading. Then I think it looks a little big, take out my 10X glass, and see "VICTORIA" alright, it is a Nova Scotia 1864 half cent (does this one count HMN ?) Only a two year type, I'm not sure if it a first, but definitely the best example I've found.

Anyway now I'm having a good day, and contine on, get an 80-81 @ about 4 inches, the perfect field coin signal, flipped the plug and there is a dime, might be Silver so I don't rub it, get out the glass, and I see a small crown on the reverse, a victorian dime, I was quite sure. Now I'm having a real good day, and of course I start imagining what key date it is going to be. Could be find of the year.

Bla, bla, found another fairly toasted copper and left, total hunt only about an hour.

Back home, take pics. soak the silver in water. Keep in mind I am happy with the silver, but with what I though I had, and the suspence of waiting to see it I was a little disappointed that it turned out not to be a key date, nor was it a Canadian vicky dime either.

An 1834 6 pence instead.
1864 NS half cent is a first, at least the first not toasted.
The half P token is NS 1843.
A good hunt, can't wait for the next.
 

Attachments

  • find11-50.webp
    find11-50.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 847
  • find11-50b.webp
    find11-50b.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 832
  • find11-50c.webp
    find11-50c.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 844
  • find11-50d.webp
    find11-50d.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 830
Upvote 0
good stuff as always, i found a 1874 vicky dime last year i think it was. none this year tho hope to get out again before the snow .
 
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
CRUSADER said:
A willy the IV tanner in that condition is a good find here :headbang:


Hope you find that Roman Gold, Soon (and I get my 1875 dime)


I can show you where one of those was dug too.
 
Nice big silver Rick :thumbsup:

Coppers always add coating on the cake :)

Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom