Millz90
Full Member
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2014
- Messages
- 138
- Reaction score
- 22
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hey guys....I'm trying to figure out a way to test my 2" dredge and validate if it has the max amount of suction I should be getting.
Is there anyway to test it?
I am running a harbor freight 6.5 horsepower, 150 gph motor that when running doesn't seem very strong at all.
My hardware is one of those 'Y' that the out of the water pump runs into and then the box, and the 10' or so of the actual 2" sucking hose.
It just seems like I should be sucking/processing up WAY more dirt then I am but maybe I just have higher expectations then I should since I have never seen or used a different dredge.
Which is why I'm wondering if there is a way to test the suction to see if I am getting enough.
Is there a way to increase the amount of suction power with the equipment i currently have?
Any help would be appreciated
Is there anyway to test it?
I am running a harbor freight 6.5 horsepower, 150 gph motor that when running doesn't seem very strong at all.
My hardware is one of those 'Y' that the out of the water pump runs into and then the box, and the 10' or so of the actual 2" sucking hose.
It just seems like I should be sucking/processing up WAY more dirt then I am but maybe I just have higher expectations then I should since I have never seen or used a different dredge.
Which is why I'm wondering if there is a way to test the suction to see if I am getting enough.
Is there a way to increase the amount of suction power with the equipment i currently have?
Any help would be appreciated
Say what d l? What type of jet are you using-suction nozzle or powerjet? 150gph won't run squat-you need that a MINUTE to run good-John
.... but not knowing this ... and not having access to a hydraulic pipe bender I had no choice but to buy it ... 
Knowing the formula to achieve the correct opening for your pump is even better!






