2 Half dollar boxes, personal DREAM BOXES- LOADS OF SILVER!!!! (PICS ADDED)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am not a big coin searcher at all compared to some of you, I typically do 2 boxes of half dollars a month. I ordered 2 boxes f halves 3 weeks ago and the bank kept forgetting to order my coins. On June 7, my coins finally came in. As I got to the car, I was expecting skunk boxes, the usual. When I got home, I emptied box #1... the take was for enders: 2 reverse enders(40% kennedies) and a 1969-d! That was great having enders considering if the roll contains silver(rare) it is only 10% chance the silver will be an ender-really rare. Box 2 had 2 enders... 1967 and 1968-d!!! Let the searching begin...

I read posts on others getting their dream boxes thinking, that can't be true, they're lieing, until it happened to me!!! I must have gotten someone's collection!

Here are the totals: first roll I opened contained a 1996-s proof half(my first proof ever in halves in the wild!)...

1996-s clad proof(first ever proof!)
1987-p(my first 1987, from mint set!)
9x 1969-d
22x 1968-d!!! over a solid roll of that year!
13x 1967
4x 1966
2x 1965
1x 1964
1x 1963
3x 1962
1x 1962d
1x 1958d
1x 1957
1x 1954
2x 1942 walkers(my first ever walkers from the wild!!!)

I was simply amazed with my 2 boxes, 61 silvers total, 11x 90% and 50x 40%!
11.37359 oz of silver for only $30.50 FV!

Here are some scans of the coins I got, sorry if it doesn't come out too well, this is my first time posting a picture...

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Re: 2 Half dollar boxes, DREAM BOXES- LOADS OF SILVER!!!!

Diver_Down said:
congratulations, BuffaloBoy. Enjoy the moment and I love your enthusiasm. Let's not be too flippant with the phrase "Dream Box", though. It should be reserved for very special occasions. You had a good score. Go back and get more.

I am curious about this post, I have been wondering what is traditionally considered a "dream box" ??? What do most of you consider a dream box?

Buffaloboy... great score, congrats! I would def. consider them dream boxes too...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: 2 Half dollar boxes, DREAM BOXES- LOADS OF SILVER!!!!

TheRockDoc said:
Diver_Down said:
congratulations, BuffaloBoy. Enjoy the moment and I love your enthusiasm. Let's not be too flippant with the phrase "Dream Box", though. It should be reserved for very special occasions. You had a good score. Go back and get more.

I am curious about this post, I have been wondering what is traditionally considered a "dream box" ??? What do most of you consider a dream box?

Buffaloboy... great score, congrats! I would def. consider them dream boxes too...

The benchmark has traditionally been 100 keepers. Years ago, it was 100 90%'ers as 40%'ers weren't kept. There was no market for them and culling them from your boxes would tie up too much of your funds. As time passes so does perception of what constitutes a dream. Just last year at this time, I would be disappointed if I pulled less than $40 face. I was averaging $60-80 face a week.

But I don't want to hijack BB's thread and rain on his parade. He did well and I want to congratulate him.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes after his post, i changed it to the "personal dream boxes" to make people happy, because I know this is a small score compared to others.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
Yes after his post, i changed it to the "personal dream boxes" to make people happy, because I know this is a small score compared to others.
I'd be quite happy with these 2 boxes. Awesome score! :icon_thumleft:

Seems like anything over 20 keepers is a dream to me.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
db23 said:
BuffaloBoy said:
I'd be quite happy with these 2 boxes. Awesome score! :icon_thumleft:

Seems like anything over 20 keepers is a dream to me.
Agreed 100%! My second best box I had was actually my first box ever back in January of this year, the take was a 1964 ender and 6 other 40%ers... got me hyped up until the next box I searched after that- expecting a lot of silver, but guess what that box contained? A stinky skunk! Got a little reality check there.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice score, Buffaloboy. It's out there...Trust me.
Congratulations!
rileyboy
Rich, R.I.P.

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! That would be a dream box to me!
HH!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, here is a scan of the NIFC's I have gotten from the 2 boxes, nice vareity... For those who do not know and say save all NIFC's 2002 and newer, 2001(p)-philly is also not released for circulation... 21,200,000 minted--- But the 2001(d)-Denver was released for circulation with 19,504,000 minted. also the 2005p and d were actually issued for circulation- p has 3.8m minted and d has 2.5m minted. This is from source of my 2010 red book 63rd edition.

Attachments

• nifc6711.jpg
    nifc6711.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 542
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ^, sorry about the large photos, but they are good quality from my scanner :)

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
Thanks ^, sorry about the large photos, but they are good quality from my scanner :)

Congrats :icon_thumright: There is free software out there that will re-size those photos

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
The benchmark has traditionally been 100 keepers. Years ago, it was 100 90%'ers as 40%'ers weren't kept. There was no market for them and culling them from your boxes would tie up too much of your funds. As time passes so does perception of what constitutes a dream. Just last year at this time, I would be disappointed if I pulled less than $40 face. I was averaging $60-80 face a week.

But I don't want to hijack BB's thread and rain on his parade. He did well and I want to congratulate him.
Nevermind, I won't go there. :-\

Nice box BB, by todays standards (and last years too for that matter) I would call this a dream box or two, at least where i'm from. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread