What's new

2 lead filled items

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These came from a site that is mostly early 1900s these items seem older as they are lead filled, any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • whatzits & FE 024.webp
    whatzits & FE 024.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 328
  • whatzits & FE 023.webp
    whatzits & FE 023.webp
    114 KB · Views: 326
  • whatzits & FE 025.webp
    whatzits & FE 025.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 321
Not sure on the round one but the rectangular one looks like it might be some kind of harness decoration.
 
Upvote 0
Round one is a rosette.
Rosette has a Lead filled back with attachment hook intact - The face is smooth.
 

Attachments

  • 0087s[1].webp
    0087s[1].webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 0087t[1].webp
    0087t[1].webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
I was kind of thinking rosette on the round one too but it has that little doohickey at the top, in the front.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I was kind of thinking rosette on the round one too but it has that little doohickey at the top, in the front.
You have got to look at the pic close vanyank, and you can see that it's the back mount mashed down and bent all the way around and up the side to the front of it. :thumbsup: Or at least it looks to me like that!
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
 

Attachments

  • whatzits & FE 023[1].webp
    whatzits & FE 023[1].webp
    109 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
I too have found an example of the rectangular one. It had no attachment on it (the one I found), but it was lead filled so I saved it, thinking it was probably something interesting. It is the same size.

I looked for a while at old photographs and mail order magazines trying to find an example of one as a horse-related decoration, with no luck.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom