What's new

2 Things.....Where and Should I??? Please Give Advise

alpha105

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
853
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start coin roll hunting. I dont have much money so im usually just picking up rolls of dimes from the bank a few at a time. (I would buy halves but i havnt found a bank nearby that sells circulated rolls of halves.) So the questions at hand are these.....
Does anyone know of a website that sells circulated rolls of dollar coins or halves?.....for maybe a little over face value if needbe?
And second......
Should i be picking up loose halves when i see them?
 
Upvote 0
YES!!!!!


Keep the good ones and throw the rest back.

Good Luck
Cat
 
Doh! Hehe....i passed up buying like $50 worth the other day......well a good way to learn is to screw up that way it hits you hard enough to stay in ur mind....lol
 
As long as you are not in the southeast....


1. Go to bank and pick up every half they have.
2. Search in car and roll dumps.
3. put dumps in trunk.
4. put keepers in safe place away from dumps.
5. repeat until out of money.
6. dump at your bank for cash.
7. start at 1 again.


Hints: Map out your planned stops to save on gas. Work in normal trips as well to save on gas. Ask for big dollars too. Try to make the trips with at least $250-$500 if you can, as it will stop the #6 from happen as much. You don't have to tie it up more than a few hours. Lastly, don't buy more than $100 at a bank if you have limited cash. If you get winners, then go back to buy the rest.

Just some thoughts.

-SWUSC
 
And be sure to let us know if you want a "salted" bunch- shipping would be spendy though LOL. HH Mark
 
Salted?.....is this meaning some randomly added in?
 
Ahhh...hehe doh! Naw i was thinking like a website i can buy from the govt.....if they end up getting the uncirculated coins and rerolling them that is. Otherwise maybe a bank site where i could fine em.
 
alpha105 said:
Naw i was thinking like a website i can buy from the govt
Nope, does not exist. Every bank you see has the possibility of silver, and you do not have to pay shipping.

You just have to keep looking for different banks. More than half the banks I hit have some amount of halves, but maybe not at the window I went to. Ask the teller to ask other tellers or check the vault. Some are very friendly, some are not.

One teller was very helpfull to me once and the bank was busy so the head teller came up to ME and asked if they could order a box for me. I got the hint that I was tying up her line too much. I apologised to the teller, he said he didn't care because it was doing something different. Guess he was bored with his job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom