What's new

20 Silver Dollars Found

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis the season to C.R.H......Soooooooooo......Today I stopped by nine banks looking for Half Dollar Rolls....I told them I would take any half dollars they had......Here is what happened !
 
Upvote 0
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

That has got to be the best silver dollar find i've ever seen on this forum and i've been here for 4 years. I can understand the adreneline rush you must have been experiencing! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Nice video but please we've all talked about this on this forum.. don't do such broadcasts on Youtube. It'll get the info to more and more people so it'll lesson the finds. It's examplified by the amount of new CRHers out now and lower amount of finds. Nice haul. It's fine we all talk about it here because not everyone knows about Tnet but please don't broadcast it on Youtube since everyone knows Youtube. Mass media is bad for the hobby. Just like if they did a wall street journal or a NBC world news article CRH would be over since there would so many more searchers out there.

Reminds me of when I got 18 Morgans/Peace dollars & 2 red seal $2 bills two years ago in San Diego. Yours had a better dates than mine. Mine were mostly 1921 Morgans and 1922 Peace dollars. I made the mistake of mentioning how much they were worth at the time. I told the teller they were $8 each after she gave them to me. I left her my number. Of course dumba$$ me never got another call from them. Yeah sure they told me they'd call me if they get any more big dollars in.
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

This is one of the coolest finds I've ever seen. Congrats and Merry Christmas.

~phrostie
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Nice find. Bet grandma is going to be missing those.
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Nice score!! What makes you think the Ike dollars are 40% silver? I didn't think ANY Ike dollars were silver unless they were special runs.
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Great find on those Morgans and Peace Dollars !!!

Kinda addicted to Morgans myself.

Ike's, unless s - mint are nickle-copper clad. "A few 1974d and 1977d silver clad were made in error."

Had to pull the book out for that, just to make sure.

Congrats on a fantastic find !!! notworthy
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Amazing score!!!! WTG!!!!!
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

Congratulations on your awesome finds!!! :thumbsup: Point of correction though, not all Ikes from 1971-1976 are 40% silver like you mention in your video - check your coin book for the exact years and mintmarks that are 40% silver. I also second the fact that it is not a good idea to be posting CRH videos online as it will in time only increase our competition!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

packerbacker said:
Nice score!! What makes you think the Ike dollars are 40% silver? I didn't think ANY Ike dollars were silver unless they were special runs.
You are absolutly right...In my excitement.As I was making the video .I opened my 2009 Red Book up to the Ike Dollars & misread the text,thinking ALL 71-76 Ike's were 40% silver...After reading another post like yours on the todays finds..I examined all the Ike dollrs...Not one s mint mark...So I re-did the title & description to correct my mistake...I am sorry all..I have stopped shaking,and am now able to think more clearly..
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

NaturalJWL said:
Great find on those Morgans and Peace Dollars !!!

Kinda addicted to Morgans myself.

Ike's, unless s - mint are nickle-copper clad. "A few 1974d and 1977d silver clad were made in error."

Had to pull the book out for that, just to make sure.

Congrats on a fantastic find !!! notworthy
You are absolutly right...In my excitement.As I was making the video .I opened my 2009 Red Book up to the Ike Dollars & misread the text,thinking ALL 71-76 Ike's were 40% silver...I examined all the Ike dollrs...Not one s mint mark...So I re-did the title & description to correct my mistake...I am sorry all..I have stopped shaking,and am now able to think more clearly..
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

AGCoinHunter said:
Nice find. Bet grandma is going to be missing those.
The way the economy is,and the shape those dollars were in..I tend to think maybe an Old Timer had to get them out to pay some bills.
 
No problem, GREAT find !!! :headbang:

You had me wondering if "I" had missed something in the book, LOL !!!

Have FUN with your hobby !!!
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

mountainman 2 said:
That has got to be the best silver dollar find i've ever seen on this forum and i've been here for 4 years. I can understand the adreneline rush you must have been experiencing! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Thanks mountainman...It was hard to get any sleep..But know that I have rested..I am not shaking any more...I will always remember this day with a large grin on my face.
 
Re: 30 Silver Dollars Found

phrostie said:
This is one of the coolest finds I've ever seen. Congrats and Merry Christmas.

~phrostie
Thank you Phrostie
 
Excellent score on those silver dollars.
rileyboy
 
No need to apologize, every day is a new experience. That was a great score regardless of the Ikes!! I've asked for large dollars in the past but have yet to score any silver. :-\
 
Wow. Incredible find! Congrats!

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom