What's new

2002 quarter. Strange

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend found a 2002P Tennessee statehood the other day. It has no copper in the rim, and seems lighter than normal. There is also an indent along the whole length of the rim, hard to see it but if you look it is there. Never seen anything like it, thought it was silver at first, but I'm sure it's not. Anyone seen one before??
 
Upvote 0
It looks fine to me.
 
what about a trick/magic quarter??? kinda like the halves that people find in their rolls...lighter weight, line along the rim, thats what it sounds like to me. :dontknow:
 
drop it in a tin can and shake it. If it comes apart it's a magician's coin. That's what it sounds like to me.
rileyboy
 
I will try shaking it in a tin can
 
icon_worthless.gificon_worthless.gif

Just messin with ya. Do you have any way to weigh it?
 

Attachments

  • beach.gif
    beach.gif
    44.2 KB · Views: 226
I will try to get a pic for you guys. I think he said it was a 2002 P. I don't have any digital scales, but I could take it to a coin shop and have them weigh it.
 
timbobwey said:
I will try to get a pic for you guys. I think he said it was a 2002 P. I don't have any digital scales, but I could take it to a coin shop and have them weigh it.
If it has an S mint then it could be a silver proof coin that somehow
ended up in circulation.
 
I know it wasn't an S mint, that's why it was so weird. I know they made silver proofs for all the statehoods, but it isn't an S
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom