What's new

2012 Hilton Head Island Treasure Hunt....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,449
Reaction score
72,696
Golden Thread
0
Wife and I arrived at Hilton Head Island SC about 4:00 pm today, by the time we unloaded and got situtation in our ocean view suite it was 5:30 pm. The weather was beautiful and I couldn't wait to hit the beach and try my luck, happy to say my first hunt at Hilton Head Island was a success, I did a 2 hour sunset hunt and found 1 carbide ring, 1 silver wedding band and 1 14k gold wedding band.... I will post pics on my return.......Looking forward to another hunt tomorrow morning.................
 
Upvote 0
sweet ... in the water?
 
Nice productive hunt.... get yourself some more gold and its better than Vegas.... free trip. You are sure starting out right.

Dew
 
Sure beats my 5 hour hunt with $5.50 in change and 3 junk earrings. You are on a roll. Keep it up. Papa
 
Yeah!!! Your trip started out good and hopefully will stay that way!!!!!! Gotta love it. Congrats 8-)
 
2nd hunt at Hilton Head Island....This mornings hunt was not as productive, I only found one dangling sterling silver earring, partly my fault, I turned off my 4:15am alarm for a 5am low tide and laid back down for few mins while I woke up, woke back up 2 hours later, time I got on beach I had miss low tide by 2 hours........ Beach here is flat, tides comes in pretty fast. I hunted for 3 hours and got the one earring, about $2:00 in change and a few poptops and pull tabs..... Not as much trash on beach here as on Floridas east coast so that is nice.....Weather is beautiful, but surf is kinda rough, 2.5 foot waves with swells about every 10-15 secs, too hard to work the surf so hitting wet sand.......Next low tide is 5:30 this afternoon, will be hitting it.
 
3rd hunt last night was more productive, got 2 gold wedding bands and another ring with no markings, looks like gold but most likely not since no markings... I used the sov gt with the sef 15x18 inch butterfly coil.

4th hunt this morning was a skunk......
 
I missed you out there. I only got out for about four hours total including a high tide hunt. You did much better than me. Got a bunch of clad and 1 and a half junk rings and a fake tourist store doubloon. Nice job.
 

Attachments

  • image-1201425888.webp
    image-1201425888.webp
    55 KB · Views: 170
I missed you out there. I only got out for about four hours total including a high tide hunt. You did much better than me. Got a bunch of clad and 1 and a half junk rings and a fake tourist store doubloon. Nice job.

What beach you hunting? I'm at Westin resort just north of Folly park beach...
 
WTG,,enjoy your vacation as well:hello:,,HH
 
I was at follyfield beach. I headed north to the Westin once. Our paths just did not cross. I was out Sat from noon to two and Sunday am around 7-9.
 
Now I know why I didn't find anything!!
 
Thanks for sharing .Congratulations on the nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom