2014: The Hunter and the Hunted

Picked up a box of dimes last night, it gave up one Roosie: 1960.

Picked up three boxes of halves today on my lunch break, just now went through them.

The first box was a skunk, the second gave up 12 keepers, and the third gave up 32 keepers. 8-) For a total take of 44 keepers! :o

The second box had two 40% enders and the third box had three 40% enders. Also, 32 keepers in one box makes that my best box to date.

I got a roll with a 90%er and three 40%ers. That was cool. I also got a roll with five 40%ers in it right after, my best roll to date. 8-)

roll.jpgroll2.jpg

total.jpg

Break down as follows:

1966 x 11
1967 x 14
1968D x 17
1969D

:4leafclover: Luck of the Irish in this fine month of March, I suppose. :4leafclover:

Congrats on a couple of great boxes! Bet those were fun to search. You sure were right about March being your lucky month. March started off good for me too with a 20 keeper box on Monday - my second best box ever.

Hope we both have continued success the rest of the month. :)

H$H!

Thanks, guys! Yeah, it was a lot of fun going through those boxes last night. Almost matched my January and February silver total just in those two boxes.

Best part is, I'm picking up four more boxes of halves today from a different branch of the same bank that is practically just down the road. I'm hoping they are just as good.

good luck my friend, those are some really sweet boxes, I sure hope you can get more of them!! Congratulations :) :4leafclover:
Thanks, guys! Yeah, it was a lot of fun going through those boxes last night. Almost matched my January and February silver total just in those two boxes. Best part is, I'm picking up four more boxes of halves today from a different branch of the same bank that is practically just down the road. I'm hoping they are just as good.

Congrats Mastermind, hope you keep on hitting.

Steven

Hey MM, AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!:blob9::blob6::blob3::blob5: Super happy for ya! I know that was a blast to find, glad you found it and hope there's more!:occasion14: HH, Maverick.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. I hope you all have good luck this month as well.

I just got back from picking up the other four boxes. I'm going to get some practice in at Jiu-Jitsu, then I'm meeting my buddy at the range to put a hundred rounds or so through my new Mossberg. After that I'll be going through the boxes. I'll post results mid-afternoon probably.

Also, the weather in my corner of PA is fantastic today. Supposed to have a high of 55 degrees. I'm lovin' March already.

8-)

Wow, I wanna go to the range today too!! Thinking about it, its been a few weeks! ughhh maybe im gettin rusty haha... dang cold has scared me off from slapping some steel!

Wow thats a pretty warm day compared to what ive had the past months!

Just two days ago it was in the upper teen's/low twenties. Now today it's supposed to get up to 55. Wacky weather for sure this winter.

I have an old Remington 870 that was my grandfather's, but I haven't cleaned or shot it in over 2 years. I've had my eye on a new Mossberg ever since last year when Maverick posted about picking one up. I found a nice 8-shot 500 Persuader for under $400, so I scooped it up.

Nice, I still dont own a shotgun although I have been keeping an eye out for a cheap 870 or 500... I like the semi-autos :)

I remember that post of his... inspired me to make a post about my sub-2000 that I picked up for 20 oz of silver

Im def gonna make time to get to the range today... guess I need to start going through these 7 boxes of halves... hope theres some goodies!

HH

Mossberg and Silver, does it get any better? :laughing7:. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6286.JPG
    DSCN6286.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN6285.JPG
    DSCN6285.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 78
Three of those four boxes of halves from yesterday were skunks. From the one that wasn't a skunk I managed to snag eight keepers, a 90% Kennedy and seven 40%ers:

1967 x 2
1968D x 4
1969D

8-)

Well that one good box gave u a 2 keeper per box average. Id sure say those are decent results. :)

Btw, how do u like your new Mossberg? That's something I've been planning on getting myself sometime soon too. I like the name of yours - Persuader lol. Im sure that's enough to persuade someone to keep their hands off your silver huh? lol

H$H!

I like it a lot! It was a lot of fun to shoot yesterday.

Picked up four boxes of halves + two boxes of dimes today. Also found a Roosie in a reject tray: 1964.

Probably won't get through all of those coins tonight, but I'm going to do at least two boxes of halves and the two boxes of dimes.

One box of dimes was a skunk, the other one gave up a Roosie: 1959.

Went through two of those boxes of halves and I snagged three keepers:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back