What's new

2014: The Hunter and the Hunted

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up two boxes of halves yesterday for the first hunt of the new year.

One was a skunk, the other gave up one 40%er: 1968D.

My goal for this year is to find 100 ozt.
 
Upvote 0
Finally got around to searching those other two boxes that I picked up yesterday.

One was a skunk, but the other gave up three 40%ers:

1966 x 2
1969D

Also picked up two more boxes of halves today, I will be searching them a little later tonight.
 
Picked up a box of halves + a box of dimes yesterday, skunked on the halves. Dimes gave up one Roosie: 1946.
 
How can you go back to hunting after a box like you had last week!!! haha... gotta be a let down :P

I know I get spoiled sometimes, and you forget you just happened to have a lucky score or run of boxes.

HH
 
Yeah, it's been tough. Haha. Especially being that I was skunked on the five subsequent boxes of halves that I'd picked up since that real good one.
 
Picked up two boxes of dimes yesterday, ones was a skunk. The other one gave up two Roosies:

1963
1964D
 
at least you didn't get 4 repackaged dumps this week like I did :banghead: haha
 
Dumped the dimes from last night, found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1963.

Picked up four boxes of halves to search later, same 6030 stamp as the previous five skunks so I'm not too excited for them. Haha.
 
Last edited:
Of the four boxes of halves that I picked up earlier, one had an ender.

The three without enders were all skunks.

The box with the ender gave up fourteen keepers, five 90% Kens (one of which was the ender) and nine 40%ers:

1964 x 5
1965
1966
1968D x 7

8-)

finds.webp
 
Picked up two boxes of halves + $40 in CWR of halves. Skunked on the boxes, found one 40%er in the CWR: 1967.
 
Nice (one) box of halves there...

I did 10 boxes today, and only 1 held silvers... a ben and a 40%er... ugh talk about :BangHead:

HH
 
Nice (one) box of halves there...

I did 10 boxes today, and only 1 held silvers... a ben and a 40%er... ugh talk about :BangHead:

HH

Ouch! Sorry to hear. I'm picking up four more boxes today and two tomorrow.

This will be the last week that I'll be doing this increased volume. I've been doing between 15 and 20 boxes of halves per week and four boxes of dimes for the last month and a half. My dad and I have a side business installing fences, and the fence season is about to get underway. We've got three jobs already lined up. So I'll be cutting my weekly half dollar volume in, well, half and probably only pick up one or two boxes of dimes.
 
Of the four boxes of halves that I picked up earlier, one had an ender. The three without enders were all skunks. The box with the ender gave up fourteen keepers, five 90% Kens (one of which was the ender) and nine 40%ers: 1964 x 5 1965 1966 1968D x 7 8-) View attachment 962903





Nice box! I'm 0 this week, everything I've picked up has been a skunk, I have my last 2 boxes to pick up here in a little while, if they hold nothing then this week is a total skunk for me uuhhgg. HH, Maverick.
 
Only three of the six boxes that I had planned to pick up between Friday and Saturday made it to my banks. Two were skunks, the other gave up three keepers:

1958 Ben Proof
1964
1966
 
Ben proof? Nice!
 
Those last two boxes u found silver in had a nice ratio of 90% to 40% which sure makes them even better. And congrats on the proof Ben. I think I remember finding a Ben some time ago with the same date that I thought might be proof too because it looked like it had kind of a glossy finish.

Btw, my last two flat boxes I got had a code 6350 stamped on them and only produced a total of one 40%. Those were my only boxes I've noticed this year that had codes on them so I didn't know if that was a good sign or not. Well ones better than nothing. :)

H$H!
 
I get a bunch of coded boxes, by far the most frequent code I see is 6030.
 
Picked up three boxes of halves and a box of dimes today. I only searched the dimes so far, scored three keepers:

1941 Mercury
1962 Roosie
1964 Roosie
 
That's a very good dime box, got luck with the halves. Hopefully I'll p/u one or two boxes myself tomorrow.
 
Only three of the six boxes that I had planned to pick up between Friday and Saturday made it to my banks. Two were skunks, the other gave up three keepers:

1958 Ben Proof
1964
1966

No pics of the Franklin proof? :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom