rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is what I consider frame worthy for now might change some of the broken ones out when I find some better ones. I went to the creek today and heard a big animal and decided I didnt feel like looking after all. I walked the fields in the washout areas but no luck. Not sure what type of animal it was but wasnt going to stick around to find out. I do know it wasnt a deer by the loud screaming noise it made and the big thud. Might of been a big cat we do have them No roads out there so after that it was time to go.

Attachments

• SDC12408.JPG
    SDC12408.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
I could care less about Arrowheads and this is impressive!

Great frame Rock and you don't need to worry about a big cat. Just don't hem it in a hole.:occasion14:

You've had a very good year! You have about every period represented. Good luck out there!

That's a great frame Rock! Lots of great finds In there.
Yeah big Cats scare me as well. Good decision lol.

Very impressive frame! I hate it when some kind of wild animal gets between me and my artifact hunting, really crimps one's style. A big cat would terrify me and I don't like the thought of a terrifying scream and big thud at all, good time to exit for sure. I'm sure you will be finding more artifacts once things settle down a bit and can't wait to see them. My finds have been slim this year, just small bits of pottery so I haven't posted them but still very happy to have the few I do find...I'm overdue for a projectile point find so hoping to remedy that soon 8-) HH next time you go out and hopefully you won't have anymore unwanted hunters of another kind to spook you!

Good selection of artifacts

A few years back I was walking the edge of a field that was lined with trees, brush and a bluff. I kept hearing a feline growling sound,and rustling in the brush. The owner had said he encountered a mountain lion there before. Suddenly there was a much louder growl and faster movement in the brush.I know running is the worst thing to do but hey I wasn't sticking around. My husband had his gun ready, but the lion never came out. I have never walked that field again. It was a terrifying experience!

A few years back I was walking the edge of a field that was lined with trees, brush and a bluff. I kept hearing a feline growling sound,and rustling in the brush. The owner had said he encountered a mountain lion there before. Suddenly there was a much louder growl and faster movement in the brush.I know running is the worst thing to do but hey I wasn't sticking around. My husband had his gun ready, but the lion never came out. I have never walked that field again. It was a terrifying experience!

dang maybe it was a cat then cause there was growling to even though I forgot to type it. I thought maybe a coyote and something was fighting. Last time I was out there last week I thought I heard growling in the thick brush and trees. I tried looking but couldnt see a thing. I carry when Im out there if I hear it again Im putting one in the bank. I hope there isnt a den in my favorite creek. The owners upstream have showed me pics on their cams of the wild animals. 1 bear, a black panther and 1 mountain lion. But that area is more mountainous and I figured they would stay up there. The land owner downstream must own a few hundred guns and is always shooting so you would think the animals wouldnt adventure in the area. Maybe it will leave soon. I always look down and dont hardly look up guess I will be looking up more often.

Nice looking frame .... Still loving that bifurcated with the brown base you pick a favorite ?

Thanks it is my favorite of all of my points to date. I still keep my striped one as my avatar due to Ive never seen another like it yet and I like the stripes My friend thinks its a Fairland and he should know he held it in hand. The black one is a Mac Corkle according to Brandon on Projectile Points. I send him a few pics every once in a while and let him tell me what they are then if he needs the pic he adds it to his site for I.D. of others. He is a nice guy. Im like most I like to find them but dont have much of a idea as to what they are. Thanks for asking its been a good year so far for me. Dont forget the Celt I found this year.

Attachments

• SDC12142.JPG
    SDC12142.JPG
    1,007 KB · Views: 63
That two tone is my favorite! You've had a great year and I'm guessing with all the flooding rain we've had you'll be filling up another case soon. Our creeks have flooded almost to the top of six foot banks and washed up all kind of gravel bars, but the last few months have been so busy I haven't had a minute to even look. We have heard a mountain lion on or near our farm. No mistaking the growl. Sounded just like a lion in a movie and so loud we could hear it over a radio playing and lots of laughing and talking with friends out on our deck. Thankfully we never saw it or heard it again. Be careful out there!

That two tone is my favorite! You've had a great year and I'm guessing with all the flooding rain we've had you'll be filling up another case soon. Our creeks have flooded almost to the top of six foot banks and washed up all kind of gravel bars, but the last few months have been so busy I haven't had a minute to even look. We have heard a mountain lion on or near our farm. No mistaking the growl. Sounded just like a lion in a movie and so loud we could hear it over a radio playing and lots of laughing and talking with friends out on our deck. Thankfully we never saw it or heard it again. Be careful out there!

Rains everyday sometimes we get 3 storms each day and each one drops around an inch so thats around 3 inches a day. I remember last year I was mad cause no rain was falling. Guess I will never be happy, ha. I have to say the noise I heard was like no other I have ever heard and wasnt willing to go find out what made it. I had to beat some tall weeds to get out of there I sure wasnt going to go back the way I came cause whatever it was it was in that direction. But I made it out of there and thats all that matters. I could of gone back today but decided to sit this one out. Maybe next week I might go but no time soon.

Yea can't forget about the Celt ..... Finding a Celt is high on my bucket list ,hopefully one day all though it seems they don't turn up much

I believe in big cats myself.... A couple of weeks ago I killed a bobcat in my yard after my chickens, he was pretty persistent until he got one... It was in the middle of the day too which I thought was strange... You got a good collection going on too got me beat by a few

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Yea can't forget about the Celt ..... Finding a Celt is high on my bucket list ,hopefully one day all though it seems they don't turn up much

Ive been lucky enough to find 2 one last year and one this year. Ive found plenty of broken ones halves and pieces. Thanks

I believe in big cats myself.... A couple of weeks ago I killed a bobcat in my yard after my chickens, he was pretty persistent until he got one... It was in the middle of the day too which I thought was strange... You got a good collection going on too got me beat by a few

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Idk you have been killing it this year on the points. I usually dont run into any unwanted animals in the morning time hours they are usually sleeping that time of the day. Im hoping next time out they are all asleep. I have seen 1 mountain lion last year in the wild while yakking they are stocky like a pittbull dog and about the same size. Im lucky he wasnt hungry enough to try and get me while my feet was stuck in the mud. He jumped out of a low handing branch near the water. As he turned to walk away I leaped in my yak and hit the deep water in a hurry. I dont care to see another. I have seen a few in Florida they are taller and lean but arent aggressive towards humans dont know about these in GA if they will attack a man or not.

Awesome finds! I'm glad you got outta there ok! Don't want to mess around with big cats in the area!
Wish I still had a creek to walk, went to my favorite today & it had a no trespassing sign up. ??? Gotta talk to the land owner but I think its a no go!

Anyway keep up the great hunts! :icon_thumleft:

Phil (DCSS)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back