What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some AU in there, nice! Hope you enjoyed the Finger Lakes!
 
First 47 rolls last night were suggesting a skunk box, but the 48th roll produced a 1942 Walking Liberty half, my first.
 
Picked up a box of halves + a box of dimes over the weekend, skunked on the dimes.

The box of halves was pretty good though, giving up three 90%ers and five 40%ers:

1964 x 3
1965
1966 x 2
1967 x 2

one.webp
 
Picked up a box of dimes on a whim last evening as I was out running errands, it gave up two Roosies:

1946D
1960
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that gave up three keepers, a 90%er and two 40%ers:

1964
1967
1968D
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that gave up three keepers, a 90%er and two 40%ers:

1964
1967
1968D

Nice! I have been on vacation so I just picked up my first four boxes for a couple weeks. I'm excited!
 
Got a Dime bank bag ($1000)

found a 2000S non silver proof

1960D
1963D

that was it
 
Got a Dime bank bag ($1000)

found a 2000S non silver proof

1960D
1963D

that was it

What’s your Dime Bag/Box Silver average? I’m getting 3/bag/4 boxes and it sucks. I’m used to Dimes producing at least one per box/$250 worth.
 
So far I am finding 2-3 per bag. Only doing dime bags when I forget to order a couple boxes of halves and also to let me keep in front of the head teller at the bank that I am waiting for the half bag to fill.
Not really worth it money wise but it is still the thrill of the chase
 
Anytime a box gives up any silver it is a good day. I ran a string of 6 boxes, 2 per week and all were skunk, but last week I got 1 40% out of the boxes and I was a happy guy!! One more coin that I didn't have so I win....

Picked up a box of halves yesterday that gave up three keepers, a 90%er and two 40%ers:

1964
1967
1968D
 
my bank called said someone dropped off $65 of halves and did I want them so I went to get them, they told me their other branch got in $875 of halves and did I want them. I figured they are probably someones dump but figured what the heck so said yes, they are in bank boxes and in regular rolls customer wrapped Someone must have dumped them but I will go through them anyway.
 
Ben C: keep us posted of any findings, good luck.
 
Picked up a box of halves + a box of dimes yesterday on my lunch break.

I was able to snag two 40%ers out of the teller's tray when I was picking up my boxes: 1968D x 2.

Skunked on the box of halves, but the box of dimes gave up three keepers:

1942 Merc
1964 x 2
 
my bank called said someone dropped off $65 of halves and did I want them so I went to get them, they told me their other branch got in $875 of halves and did I want them. I figured they are probably someones dump but figured what the heck so said yes, they are in bank boxes and in regular rolls customer wrapped Someone must have dumped them but I will go through them anyway.

Yes they were gone through, CWR's in a bank box.. I went through them all and FOUND A 1968D 40% so whoever did it missed it!

1968D
 
Picked up two boxes of halves over the weekend, one of which was a skunk.

The other box gave up two 40%ers:

1967
1968D
 
Snagged these bad boys out of a teller's tray while picking up a box of dimes today on my lunch break:

one.webp

8-)
 
Even my DIME boxes are getting into a Skunk streak, big time. Out of 10 boxes searched so far this month Aug, 7 were skunks. Starting to smell. Have to find some new sources.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom