What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
Picked up one box of halves + $20 in CWR yesterday, snagged only one 40%er from the box: 1968D.

Going on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be doing any huntign until after the weekend.
 
Picked up one box of halves + $20 in CWR yesterday, snagged only one 40%er from the box: 1968D.

Going on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be doing any huntign until after the weekend.

Those weeks where you miss your boxes feel so weird! I was out of town last week so I didn't get to do any boxes. Ready to get back at it this week!
 
Picked up $400 in MWR of halves yesterday on my lunch break, snagged six 40%ers:

1965 x 2
1966 x 2
1967
1968D
 
Been off for a week, the head teller was on vacation, should get two boxes tomorrow, my regular order
 
In the summer slump, several skunk boxes and now a skunk bag of quarters.

Picked up bank bag of dimes and can see one silver through the plastic so not a skunk, will work it later today.
 
Yeha, the silver vein from two weeks ago dried up. I'm back to skunks galore.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both of which gave up silver. Two keepers from each box:

1964
1967 x 2
1968D

Plus, found a 40%er in a teller's tray when I was dumping coins: 1969D.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both of which gave up silver. Two keepers from each box:

1964
1967 x 2
1968D

Plus, found a 40%er in a teller's tray when I was dumping coins: 1969D.

Did you find any varieties or errors?
 
Picked up $200 in CWR of dimes + $50 in MWR of dimes yesterday, snagged two Roosies:

1953
1963
 
Picked up a box of halves + $120 in MWR of dimes yesterday, skunked on the box of halves.

The dimes gave up one Roosie: 1948.
 
Finally finished the bag of dimes I got at the bank. Did pretty good, 9 Rosie's, the oldest a 1947

Finally some silver
 
Picked up a box of halves + $330 in MWR of halves two days ago, both of which gave up silver.

From the $330 in MWR I snagged four 40%ers:

1968D x 2
1969D x 2

From the box of halves I snagged five keepers, one 90%er and four 40%ers:

1964
1966
1968D x 3

8-)

Picked up a box of halves + $30 in CWR of halves + $4.50 in loose halves as well as $17 in Ikes yesterday; skunked on the CWR, the loose halves, and the Ikes.

The box gave up three 40%ers:

1966
1968D x 2

8-)
 
Two boxes of halves last night gave up three 40%ers between them:

1966
1967 x 2
 
Yesterday was my son's high school graduation, didn't have much time to dump or pick up too many coins with all of the running around I was doing.

But as I was picking up ice and beer for the after party/refreshments from my local beer distributor, the guy behind the counter mentioned to his employee that he had a box of dimes that had been sitting in his safe for months and he wanted the employee to take them back to the bank.

I mentioned that I would buy them right now on the spot, and he was happy to sell them to me.

It ended up being a pretty good box of dimes, giving up eight silvers; four mercs and four Roosies:

1942 x 2
1943
1944D
1947
1962D
1963D
1964

one.webp
 
Picked up a box of halves + $250 in MWR of halves + a box of dimes over the weekend, skunked on the MWR and the box of dimes.

The box of halves gave up three 40%ers:

1968D
1969D
1970D

one.webp

8-)
 
Nice work on the ‘70-D. Haven’t seen too many of those found lately. Also liked the 4 Mercury box. Congrats.
 
Mastermind: now that being at the right place at the right time. Would have taken you 10-boxes or more just to find the 4-mercs. Nice job & congrats.
 
After having a week-long vacation up in the Finger Lakes region of NY book-ended by two 11-box skunk streaks, I've finally picked up a good box of halves yesterday evening.

The box had three enders, and gave up twelve keepers total; one 90%er and eleven 40%ers:

1964
1965
1967 x 4
1968D x 3
1969D x 3

one.webp

8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom