What's new

2019: One Flew Over The CRHer's Nest

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday to kick off the new year, it was a pretty good one.

The box had two enders showing, and gave up five 90%ers and one 40%er:

1940
1941S
1943
1945
1947D
1969D

one.webp

two.webp

Lovin' those beautiful ladies, what a great way to kick off 2019!

8-)
 
Upvote 0
Another tough skunk streak ended.

Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both of which gave up silver.

The first box was pretty good, having given up ten 40%ers:

1966
1967 x 3
1968D x 3
1969D x 3

one.webp

The second box gave up one 90%er and three 40%ers:

1964
1967
1968D
1969D

two.webp
 
Great job there still out there
 
Nice!

Loomis rolls ?
 
That's for sure. I've never found a single silver from Dunbar.

I take what they give me and open the boxes when I get home. Its always a huge disappointment when I see those Dunbar rolls. But guess what - last week I snagged a single 68D 40% half from a box of Dunbar rolls. I was stunned - first one out of 33 boxes of Dunbars. And my first 76-S bicentennial clad, non-silver impaired proof (I already had a silver 76-S) from the same box. Low expectations!
 
Picked up $480 in halves, a mix of MWR and CWR, from a bank right across the street from where my town's annual fair/carnival is held.

From the MWR of halves I snagged one lone 40%er: 1967.

From the CWR of halves I snagged one lone 90%er: 1992S Silver Proof!

one.webp

two.webp
 
Picked up a pretty good box of halves yesterday, which showed a reverse gold-plated Walking Liberty ender.

Total take was eleven 90%ers!

1937D gold-plated Walker
1963 ben
1964 x 9

one.webp

two.webp

8-)
 
That's an excellent haul. Have found many gold-plated clad Kennedy halves but not one plated W.L. yet.
 
Your finds really blow my mind... I haven’t found a silver half in like 2 months. Getting ready to throw in the towel on them again.

Very nice haul there. Congrats!
 
Snagged another two silvers from a box of halves last night, one 90%er and one 40%er:

1957D Ben
1965

one.webp
 
Picked up a box of halves + $490 in MWR of halves + $60 in CWR of halves today on my lunch break.

Going to search through the box and the MWR tonight.

But I had enough time to look through and dump the $60 in CWR before I had to be back in work, and two of the rolls were chock full o' silver!

First roll gave up six 40%ers:

1965
1967 x 3
1968D
1969D

one.webp

The second roll gave up ten 40%ers:

1965 x 3
1967 x 3
1968D x 3
1969D

three.webp

Total take for the CWR was sixteen 40%ers!

five.webp
 
Great CWR! Congrats!
 
Thanks, guys! Yeah, it was nice seeing those two rolls in the CWR.

The rest of the CWR, the box, and the $490 in MWR were all skunks though.

But those two rolls were really sweet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom