What's new

211 year old coin

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
3,295
Reaction score
2,665
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vicksburg Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this beauty last week while digging with my good friend Mark. It is my new oldest coin. An 1803 Draped Bust large cent.
I also got the nice victorian buckle that day.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01726.webp
    DSC01726.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01727.webp
    DSC01727.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 163
Congratulations. Great recoveries. Holed coins are neat but dang 1803 too!
 
Awesome old large cent you got there Mike :thumbsup: I've heard that people would hammer a coin above their door many years ago after they built their house.
 
1803!!! Whoa - that is an oldie Mike!! You find that in MI or are you on the East Coast lol. That is a super old coin for MI and in pretty nice shape too. Outstanding!!! That buckle is sweet too - Congrats Mike!!
 
Wow what a milestone - that's an oldie - congrats!! Buckle is nice also -
 
Congrats on one old lady, Mike. :icon_thumleft: You're lucky it still has a visible date. Cool buckle, too. :thumbsup:

HH
 
sweet looking coin
 
Very nice..!! Love to find stuff this old..

I found a 1730 Georgian half cent here in CT. My best old find so far.

bud
 
That is pretty stinking old for Michigan Mike! Congrats big time on your new oldest!
 
Incredible find for Michigan. That rocks Mike.
 
Wasnt Michigan one of the first settlements outside of the East coast? I'm sure St. Augustine is the oldest city in America. Theres lots of history away from the east coast. Water was the only way to travel, so Michigan was an ideal place set settle.
 
Very nice large cent...I love old copper coins!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom