What's new

2nd dive...... Close Encounter with Mr Snapping Turtle & Old Silver!!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,343
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a smashing time really love being under!!!
This time out a little better prepared, cut prep time in half!
Only had one probelm nosey fishermen buzzying the kayak, finally I came up
right under my kayak and ask WTF do you want!!!!!:BangHead:
Only thing that scares me..... human beings!:tongue3:
Bottom time 1hr 10 mins, 8 to 28ft.

P.s.
The wife LOVES Mr. Snappy!
Happy wife happy life!!!


SnT
 

Attachments

  • dv2 3.webp
    dv2 3.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 178
  • dv2 4.webp
    dv2 4.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 152
  • dv2 5.webp
    dv2 5.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 165
  • dv2 6.webp
    dv2 6.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 169
  • dv2 7.webp
    dv2 7.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 154
  • dv2 2.webp
    dv2 2.webp
    97 KB · Views: 149
  • d2 1.webp
    d2 1.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
Thats a cool turtle. Boaters don't know what a dive flag is either. You did have a dive flag right? I've had them try to salvage the dive flag thinking it was free being out there all alone.
 
Wide variety, like the turtle!
 
AWESOME HUNT - NICE FINDS:icon_thumleft:
 
That is a cool turtle! Congrats on all the great finds.

I recommend a speargun with 12ga powerhead for dealing with boats too close to my flag.
 
Good job on all the silver, SnT....Looks like a great place to hunt:icon_thumleft:
 
I like that Honu(turtle) WTG:icon_thumleft:,HH:hello:
 
WTG!!! SnT Looks like you got the hang of it now!!
All them targets in 1 hour, you must have spent all that time digging.
Keep it up.
Jim
 
Awesome hunt buddy, Keep killin it.:icon_thumleft:
 
Jim in MA said:
WTG!!! SnT Looks like you got the hang of it now!!
All them targets in 1 hour, you must have spent all that time digging.
Keep it up.
Jim

The water has good vis it's deep, sandy bottom and spring feed! On dive #1 I forgot my goodie bag so the good stuff went in the wet suit other things in my gloves, sharp items had to leave but #2 dive I cleaned up everything! I think I may have a few more productive dives on this small area! Next dive will be in the deep end(40ft) where the last dock anchor is maybe I'll find some gold out deep!

Thanks everyone for the pos replies

SnT
 
Awesome hunt!!
 
Im with everyone else, Thats one CooL looking Turtle !!!
 
Ok, all you have to do is surface and say to the fishermen, " Gentlemen, I'm with the CIA and my partner will be here shortly. We have a tip that al quida operatives were trying to move radioactive material and lost it in this area. Please understand that this can be very dangerous and please alert everyone you know to stay out of this area. My geiger counter recorded some leakage and if I find the container and it is compromised, a hazmat team will be sent in to clean up. Again, please vacate the area and tell everyone else to do so". If they ask to see a badge, flash the turtle at them. May work 2-3 times. Any questions just say you didn't find anything.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom