3-17, and 3-18 Gold, Silver, and 316L

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally broke the 2012 gold curse!! I was yet to find any of the good stuff this year and set out this weekend with the goal of putting that behind me.

Yesterday started out well at a heavily hunted beach started hitting a good amount of targets right off the bat. About an hour in I get a nice mid-tone and pull up what I think is a 2 tone Gold wedding band. I was so sure, I just snuck it into my pocket without checking for a mark. Found a few other trinkets and headed home after a couple hours. Water was getting crowded with beach goers. Imagine my suprise when pull it out and check closely and see 316L!!!! Bummer.

Today was better :) I met a hunting buddy a bit further south than the usual beaches. I was on my way into the water when I got a nice signal at about knee deep. Up comes a gold womans class ring!! I wasn't in the water 2 minutes!! Nice start. As the hunt continued, it seemed like that would be all the gold for the day. Then, in the last 50 yards before I got out, I pulled a nice heavy mens 10K white gold wedding band!

Double gold to break my curse! Gotta love it!!

HH, Aaron

008-8.jpg

010-11.jpg

005-8.jpg

Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
:icon_pirat:Congratulation, Very nice finds; I wish you luck.

Hamid HH

I can see why the two tone fooled you - well done on the real loot.

I have not found any gold either lately. Its been over two months -found one January 02.

I have found a ton of junk jewelry but usually when I have found silver, and a lot of Junk Jewelry I usually am just a few more hunts away from fnding some Gold.

Great looking finds...I was wondering what happened to you...glad to see your scooping gold. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys. I haven't been hunting as much the last couple months. I have been fighting off a cold and my allergies are kicking my butt with all the Oak pollen around here. That being said, I have found 6 rings since Jan 1st and I'd say I have only put in about 25 total hours so thats not bad. Anytime you find any piece of jewelry, there is always the chance it could be gold. I try to think of that when I come home with a pocket full of tabs and junk and a junk earing or something. I started hunting may of last year so I am ahead whatever I find until then I figure :) I'm going to slam it again next weekend and maybe one evening this week.

HH,
Aaron

Some very nice keepers there Aaron.
Congrats on the double gold....sweet.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Very Nice -Wtg :icon_thumright:

Very nice.Looks like its time to head north . :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back