3 boxes of dimes sets my new record!

Navyguy

Greenie
Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a box each day starting Tuesday. My previous record was six for one box and I thought that was great. Here's how it went down. First box I get one keeper on the second to last roll. Second box I get 2 keepers. On the third box it gets crazy. Keep in mind the boxes are MWR's from strings. All from three different banks. I get 10 keepers in this box. 2 rolls have double silver in them. Never had that happen before on dimes. One of the keepers was Canadian with a fish on the back. Haven't done my research on it yet, but it is for sure silver. I guess I was getting a little excited so my wife is watching and is asking me what the big deal is..... I have noticed when I start stacking up a fe silver coins on the table she wants to help. Getting ready to start on $270 in CRW's now and hope it turns out just as good.

Does anyone know if there is a way to put the picture from my iPad on here?

Later,
NG

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes download the free app. Hope the good luck keeps up. That sounds like an unreal find for dimes.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice box. Most I ever got was 7 and I was super stoked to get that many.

The Canadian with the fish is either 50% or 80% silver and there is no way to tell which. Most dealers will offer to buy at the average of 65% silver counting on it evening out over time. Fun coin to find.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score navyguy. My best box had 6 in it. Hard to beat a box like you got. WTG. It's funny to me that you got a Canadian fish dime because after getting skunked on 2 boxes of halves and nothing else to search, I was having Ag withdrawal. Decided to look at some old funny money I had. Found Canadian fish dime I had tossed in years ago, thinking it might be silver. 1967 and non magnetic. Ag! Then I also found 1943 India 1/4 rupee. 0.500 Ag. Had it for a long time but just found info on it. HH

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! the most i ever got in a box was 3. And then i think, i am new! What bank do you get your boxes at and in what state?

The Canadian dime : Year 1967
The dime you have is 50% silver and 50% copper vs the 80% silver in previous years (better than no silver at all)

HH
-D1MES

Last edited:

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The last box of dimes that I did had two silvers in the very first roll. I had never had two in a roll and it was that first roll, so I thought that it was going to be an awesome box. I only pulled one other silver from that box. To make thing even more frustrating the other two boxes I had were skunks.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The Canadian dime is either 50% or 80& silver. The way to tell is sound test, 50% will sound less silvery. In order to train your ears, drop a 90% and a 40% half on a table.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread