3 Day Relic Hunt...Rev. War Button and Lots More!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for three marathon days with a couple fellow detectorists to some Loyalist sites. The smooth Enfield bullets are all numbered. I also slagged a bunch of bullets, several coins including a George II copper, Montreal half penny and what I think is a rare provincial token...need to do a little more research on that one. Also got a bunch of relics including parts of a spigot, musket parts, buckles and part of a crucifix.

My favorite find of the day was the Royal Provincial American Revolution button. It is in hard shape but is still easily identifiable. It has the crown at the top and what's left of the RP below. Part of the shank is still attached.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• rev relics.JPG
    rev relics.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 602
  • crucifix.jpg
    crucifix.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 558
  • whatsit.JPG
    whatsit.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 573
  • revfield.JPG
    revfield.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 579
  • rpbutton.JPG
    rpbutton.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 581
  • sheafcoin.JPG
    sheafcoin.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 576
  • geoII.JPG
    geoII.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 583
  • montcoin.JPG
    montcoin.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 583
  • enfield numbered.JPG
    enfield numbered.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
That is what I am talking about, bra! I am suprised you are getting signals in that field. I bet your coil was about 6 inches off the ground...we have a Wheat field to datect, but it is too difficult to do now. How deep were the coins?

Great job, bra!

:o :o :o :oWoW! ROMEOOOO!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Awesome hunt! Love all those finds! What is the thing in the sixth picture? I found something that looks sorta like it...maybe a lead seal stamp?

Thanks for sharing those finds! Congrats!

Nana :)

Kirk...the coins were all about 4 inches...the stubble was a bit of a pain but the burly Minelab swept right through it!

Nana...I think that it is a piece of a spiggot...the tap...not real sure though.

The find on the black background?

Here's a pic of what I found last week that looks similar to yours...although, I know it isn't as old as the one you found, but could be for the same use? :) It was covered in dirt and you couldn't tell that it had anything on it. (I started to toss it!) :D

100_9192.jpg

100_9193.jpg

Thanks! Nana :)

Oh...that one...I can't count!

That is the Royal Provincial Revolutionary War button. The Royal Provincial regiment were in existence from 1776 to 1883.

What you have there is a bale seal...a nice one too!

NOOOO...don't think I'd be finding a Royal Provincial Rev War button here! :D

Fantastic finds, Romeo! Thanks for the ID!!! :) Nana ;)

Good post, pictures and finds!!! Congrats

Don

Excellent finds! I think any Civil War relic hunter in the states would be thrilled with hunts like those. And I just want to say that the trumpet/bugle mouthpiece at the top is way cool!

Regards,

Buckleboy

KirkPA said:
I have the picture of your detector on my desktop background. I like that pic, dude! It looks like a great site!

Wow...I'm honoured! Especially from a diehard Whites guy!

BuckleBoy said:
And I just want to say that the trumpet/bugle mouthpiece at the top is way cool!

Unfortunately I think that that is a pipe tamper...it is solid. That was my first impression as well though until I saw that it was solid. Thanks for looking!

Here are a few more pics of the site...a lot of 3rd American Regiment buttons were taken off this site and that was what I was looking for...I was just as happy with the Royal Provincial!

Attachments

• site2.jpg
    site2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 410
  • site.jpg
    site.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 411
  • site3.jpg
    site3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 405

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread