Attachments

• CCF10112006_00000.jpg
    CCF10112006_00000.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 795

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
texan connection said:
Oh thats funny, tell me it aint so, Any idea on a date?

It's so. Three condoms per tin, hence the name. C. 1920's-30's, I believe. Later tins carried a $1 price.

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
PBK jest you not ! Its a condom tin ! ;D
I would say they are from the 20's or 30's .Three women invented them & their names are on the tin.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

Texas Connection,

PK said it was a condom tin and you have the stones to ask if he has any ideas for a date....I've heard about you Texan Boys...

Upvote 0
M

MaineMartialArt

Very cool items. Interesting the price has gone up and the 3 names are gone... I would assume the $1.00 version is newer, with inflation and all. (no pun intended)

Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
RealdeTayopa said:
Now "why" did I expect PBK and Dekker to know that one? snicker snicker .

?? ??? ???

Gals are made of sugar & spice and everythnig nice so ----?

Saintly Tropical Tramp

Well we know that PBK didn't spend all that time in researching that item. He answered that post in just 32 seconds
after it was posted.

HeHe

Upvote 0

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Spitfire Reddie said:
PBK jest you not ! Its a condom tin ! ;D
I would say they are from the 20's or 30's .Three women invented them & their names are on the tin.

That is too funny!!! Though I don't think that those three women invented condoms :D :D :D

John

Upvote 0

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I've found at least 10 of these in Georgia over the last 20 years of detecting. Most were badly crushed or eaten up by the acidic soil here. Shake it or open it. Sometime used as a coin purse for pocket change and could be some good coins in it.

Jeff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
1'st thanks all for the I.D. on the item,and the great sport, I have been laughing for 2 days, there is no coins in it but probaly a condom by the way it is flatened somewhat but not around the edges, I put it on ebay last night to see what happens, its got 2 watchers so far in less than 12 hrs. Thanks agien

Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Not my words. From a site I found:

"A man famous for a part of the woman's anatomy - Gabriel Fallopius (you can fill in what he is honored for). In the mid 1500's, he designed a medicated sheath to go over the tip of the penis and under the foreskin. It was held on by a pink ribbon so that it would appeal to women.

He was then forced to design one for the circumcised guys - a standard of eight inches (The average man must have been bigger back in those days). It was tested on over 1000 men with overwhelming success.

One would guess that they were trying to prevent pregnancy, but that was the woman's problem in those days. They were actually used to prevent the spread of venereal diseases, syphilis in particular. Men hated them, and gave them the name overcoats.

About 100 years later, England's King Charles II requested his physician, the Earl of Condom, to devise something to protect him from syphilis. He came up with an oiled sheath made from sheep intestine. No one is really sure if he knew about Fallopius' contraption. Soon all the noblemen were using them.

The problem? They reused them (Yuk) without washing them (double Yuk Yuk). Therefore, they still ended up getting that dreaded disease.

The modern rubber was invented in 1870, but was not the thin latex type we see today. Those were developed in the 1930's."

:D :D ::)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread