30,000 in halves planned for next week starting Tuesday.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30,000 in halves planned for friday

Hi gentlemen, I did 5,000 in halves recently and liked the results, I called all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ and ordered halves for Friday,

In all I ordered 60 boxes (30K)

My gameplay is to hopefully do them all that weekend with the help of my grandson and return them all throughout the following week in NJ.

I originally wanted to do 30k-35k in halves a week so I am planning one week will be to buy boxes and the next return them.

We shall see how this goes.

Upvote 0
Digesting a common clad said:
2k per bank at bank of America's and wells fargos in New Jersey

If he's only picking up 4 boxes per bank, then who cares??? if he's getting 60 boxes! Not one person on this forum wouldn't do what he's doing if they were in his shoes with $30k in their pocket. Quit whining - I'd sure as hell do it. As long as he has a good dump plan, more power to him!

Good luck, 60 boxes is about the same TimZim does per week. Are you going to dump in bags, coin counting machines, or a mix?

I agree more power to him. I just want to see what 60k coin looks like. Plus would love to here the totals for one week at that rate. HH

If he's only picking up 4 boxes per bank, then who cares??? if he's getting 60 boxes! Not one person on this forum wouldn't do what he's doing if they were in his shoes with $30k in their pocket. Quit whining - I'd sure as hell do it. As long as he has a good dump plan, more power to him!
Nope, not all of us on this forum. Some of us have a lot more $ than that, that kind of volume is TOO much like work, and some of us here earn a heck of a lot more than that on our day jobs..

Last edited:
I own a modest sized brokerage firm on the NYSE, I hold my business account with them I assure they won't close my account.

Dear Owner of Modest Brokerage firm: You can buy 90% halves for around 12 bucks each. Maybe just stack some silver Eagles, and pursue your career.

reminds me of cover2-1_27.jpg

baddbluff said:

Dude I'm not whining.. I was simply trying to help the guy out.. You are also wrong.. I would never want to search that much volume.. More power to him if he does.. If I did want to, I would have gradually built up the volume.. Not order 30k in one week.. It sounds like he is in a good position to do so though, so maybe he will be fine.. I was simply trying to help him understand how jumping up that amount of volume out of nowhere would normally get people cut off.. I could care less about how much he searches..

Heck, I wish I had the funds to even do one box. How the heck can he come up with enough to do that many at one time? If anyone in my area wants to do something like this contact me. You buy, I will search and return in exchange for 10% of found coins.

Sounds great, only asking somebody to blindly trust and loan you 30k of their money and all you ask in return for this huge risk on their part is that they pay you 10% of the finds. Wow, what a deal you should run an add in the local paper too LOL!

Digesting a common clad said:
I own a modest sized brokerage firm on the NYSE, I hold my business account with them I assure they won't close my account.

Couldn't you just set up an account with Brinks or something and order and drop off your own coin then? Or is this a way to just pass the cost of your hobby to others?

Last edited:
Dear Boiler Room,

I love it! Do 100 boxes a week. I have been waiting for a guy connected with banks to kill them with orders. If he and his clients have $100 Million in assets, then these banks won't care how many boxes he dumps or buys because he is making them scrilla, more than most businesses and personal accounts. This hobby is biased, if you are rich, the rules won't apply because they make too much to deny you boxes. I hope you find 500 keepers!

Haters going to hate!

HH

The results should be interesting... I am not sure I have ever heard of someone that has that kind of collateral to hold against the bank.. I am definitely intrigued to see what kind of finds you will make, because with that kind of money in the bank they have a lot to lose, whereas your average hunter could be kicked off with no problems on their side

Hope he doesn't pick them all at once. He'd need a hell of ride to haul 2000lbs. Still want to see pictures of that haul. Hope you get some good numbers.

I'm kind of curious as to why the owner of a modest size brokerage firm on the NYSE would want to search through 30,000 halves in a week, with the time commitment involved. Help from the grandson or no, that will take a HUGE chunk of time. As CoinFetcher noted, it would be far, far easier to simply buy the coins. I would estimate the average return on CRH'ing to be less than $5/hr.

Again, not trying to discourage you, and good luck to you. I just think after awhile you'll find far better ways to spend that much of your time.

I'm kind of curious as to why the owner of a modest size brokerage firm on the NYSE would want to search through 30,000 halves in a week, with the time commitment involved. Help from the grandson or no, that will take a HUGE chunk of time. As CoinFetcher noted, it would be far, far easier to simply buy the coins. I would estimate the average return on CRH'ing to be less than $5/hr.

Again, not trying to discourage you, and good luck to you. I just think after awhile you'll find far better ways to spend that much of your time.

i only CRH for the thrill and to burn my free time. i usually find 2 silver per 250$ cwr dimes (usually there are more than 250$ in the rolls so i make a couple of bucks)

Well TimZim says it takes him about 7 min. to search each box, so 60 boxes is only 7 hours of work, which you could do on a Saturday afternoon. If you average (12) 90% and (100) 40% per week (my avg. per 60 boxes), that's $554.72 per wk. in gross profit at a spot price of $31.96 per oz., or $55.47 per hour, adding 3 hours for pickup and dump work. If you could work 40 hours a wk. like this 52 wks. per yr., that's $115,377.60 per yr.

I own and operate a modest sized silver mining operation. Sure, the mine happens to be a half dollar box here and there, but I AM A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON!

Personally I don't know if I would want to do that many boxes. It would seem too much like work. If I had the capital to get that many, maybe I would once and take a month to go through that many boxes. Otherwise i will stick with my occasional box of nickels and dimes.

Sincerely, Garoulady

CRH is not only about the profit... its also about the thrill of the hunt. i dont CRH for profit i just do it because its fun. maybe once in a while a get alot of silvers but when silver prices go sky high, i would sell my silver coins and buy other coins to collect

Hi gentlemen, I did 5,000 in halves recently and liked the results, I called all the Wells Fargo and bank of America's near the border of PA and NJ and ordered halves for Friday,

In all I ordered 60 boxes (30K)

My gameplay is to hopefully do them all that weekend with the help of my grandson and return them all throughout the following week in NJ.

I originally wanted to do 30k-35k in halves a week so I am planning one week will be to buy boxes and the next return them.

We shall see how this goes.

So, are you hunting on the PA side, the NJ side, or both?

If PA side, and depending on what county, you are one of a VERY LARGE number of big volume hunters. Just a heads up.

I hunt near the PA/NJ border as well, PA side. And in my county the competition is crazy.

EDIT: Nevermind, read through the thread more and saw you said New Jersey.

Last edited:

I find this very hard to believe. No one with a "modest sized brokerage firm" would have the time to look through that much coin. Let's say I'm wrong and you did have that much time though. Where would your business be if you were coin roll hunting that volume? I'm guessing your "modest sized brokerage firm" would be a mom and pop shop in less than a month. Fact of the matter is if what you say is true, then you should be able to back up your claim of hunting 30k in pictures. Most people on here just do it, then show pictures, not just say they are going to do it. Let's face it....when all is said and done, more is said than done.

Well TimZim says it takes him about 7 min. to search each box, so 60 boxes is only 7 hours of work, which you could do on a Saturday afternoon. If you average (12) 90% and (100) 40% per week (my avg. per 60 boxes), that's $554.72 per wk. in gross profit at a spot price of $31.96 per oz., or $55.47 per hour, adding 3 hours for pickup and dump work. If you could work 40 hours a wk. like this 52 wks. per yr., that's $115,377.60 per yr.

In a perfect world this would be a great paycheck, but let's be a little bit realistic about this. I'll say sure to the 7 minute search (and thank tim for leaving me the missing 40%ers). Guys who search this quick have left me with a good chunk of coin because they lack due diligence. Second, 12 90%, and 100 40% would be great if you didn't have people that go through 8 to 10 and more of a skunk streak, therefore those numbers couldn't be accurate no matter how you spun it. Third, your gross profit has left out fuel (in a heavy populated area like NJ i'm guessing the cost would be high), and hours it would take tellers to count the coin, unless you have coin counters. Oh let's not forget the time to re-roll them if your bank does not accept loose coin. And Finally lets talk about this 40 hour work week. Not happening! This guy owns a "modest sized brokerage firm" he doesn't have the hours in the day to pull this kind of work. there are only 168 hours in a week, minus 40 for this work, minus sleep (6hrs modestly) leaves only 86 hrs to eat, drive, use the restroom, and do is regular job.

But good math and problem solving for full-time roll hunters. They make some good money!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back