What's new

327 in Halves and 250 in dimes

tank014

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
I went to a new credit union to create an account so I could use them as a dump bank for all the coins that I go through in a week. As I was getting my account set up I asked the teller if they had any haves in there vault and if I could buy a box of dimes. To my surprise he came back and said he had some halves in the coin counter. I immediately told him that I would buy him but he said that I would have to wait about 30 minutes for him to have time to get them out. It turned out to be about one and a half hours before I was able to leave that bank but boy was I happy when I got home.
The Count:

1 - 1964 rosie

10 - 1969s
10 - 1968s
6 - 1967s
5 - 1966s
3 - 1965s

9 - 1964s
AND
1 - 1954 Benny

Glad I waited. Maybe the other branches nearby have some halves to.
 
Upvote 0
Coins straight from coin counting machines rarely disappoint.

Good score!

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
Coins straight from coin counting machines rarely disappoint.

Good score!

Jim
Just don't hit the CU that I frequent, you'll be VERY disappointed! LOL!

AMC
 
amc rulz said:
jim4silver said:
Coins straight from coin counting machines rarely disappoint.

Good score!

Jim
Just don't hit the CU that I frequent, you'll be VERY disappointed! LOL!

AMC

I forgot to add the caveat "coin counting machines not frequented by CRHers". ;D

I always ask how long it took to fill up, and the tellers so far have been honest with me. When they say one year, two years, or I cant remember the last time we emptied the bag, I know I am in for some good coins. My best scores by far have been from the machines. I wish I could get more of them, but many banks here are weird about it and swear they have to send their bags to the fed. I think they are either lazy or stupid because other branches from the same banks will give me from their machine.

I don't want to rattle them by saying "such and such" bank lets me have their halves, in fear that it may cause trouble and prevent me from getting the ones I can get now.

Jim
 
That is a good question to ask. I didn't think about asking how long it took to get that many. This was the first time buying a bag from the coin machine. I asked my normal bank if I could buy their bags when they get full but like you said he told me that they have to send them to the fed to be counted. oh well. Next week I'm getting some Ikes for the first time. I'm very excited
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom