What's new

$363.50 Searched

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
2,078
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that smell?
 

Attachments

  • skunk loose in truck.webp
    skunk loose in truck.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
Better luck on the next batch TMH.

Is it me or is that furry critter showing up a lot more often this year?
 
Immy said:
Better luck on the next batch TMH.

Is it me or is that furry critter showing up a lot more often this year?
Not for me yet knock on wood.
 
Wow, how do you keep from getting sprayed? Do they attack you?
What do you do with them afterwards? Can they spray more than once? I read on the internet that all you need to do is put mothballs under the house and they'll go away. I saw an all white one yesterday...that means it's a female, I think.
What do I do when they spray my dog? Do you think the cat food I leave out each night has anything to do with them going under my deck?
Is it true that skunks will mate with Raccoons and make something called a fisher? I know they can't spray if there in a cage. Oh, and .......what do you do with them afterwards?
 
L.G., is that you? LMAO
 
I almost forgot the best one, ........I hear they make good pets... :) ;D
 
Do you actually have one?
theres a reason it's illeagle in most states to have a wild animal as a pet. Skunks actually make a pretty poor choice for a pet but I guess it depends on your definition of a pet.
They are headstrong, can bite and will wreck furniture.
 
Also, there is a difference between farm raised animals and wild ones.
 
Skunks make very good pets, they are a lot like cats. Now if you want to talk about fun pets, here's a couple pics of the pet possum I used to have. He was completely tame, you could hold him and pet him and he'd fall asleep in your lap. He was one of my favorite pets ever, His name was Possum Stu, and I got him when he was tiny out of a friends garage.

People thought it was weird, but what can I say? I'm a southern boy.

The first pic is him on the top of a wall in my old house, the second is me hand feeding him spaghetti.
 

Attachments

  • possum stu.webp
    possum stu.webp
    6 KB · Views: 248
  • possum stu 2.webp
    possum stu 2.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 238
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a know it all there.
It's just a shell shock reaction to hearing the same questions over and over and over....My release is to joke about it.
peace..
 
opossums are compleatly different than skunks. I've handled hundreds of them
I think cats make lousy pets, at least a lot of them do.
 
Peach, meet Left Wing.
LMAO, he's not here for a day and already starting trouble.
He does the same work as I do, so he knows very much about animals, wildlife especially. His first post was a joke to bust my butt.
 
seattleMD said:
And that line of work would be .... ?

Sorry, We both are Nuisance Wildlife Control Specialists. We handle most wildlife native to our state, and occasionally a domestic.
 
Please, lets not talk about what that really is. :-X TMH, how's that MXT working for you? :D
 
It is what it is, Peach.

MXT is doing good. Still have to work on fine tuning a bit.....for the next year or so.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom