What's new

43 Gold from my May trip

diggerfororo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
709
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

"May there always be a road"

Les
 

Attachments

  • MVC-009F.webp
    MVC-009F.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 8,272
Upvote 2
Incredible finds, I bow to you :icon_king: That was one heck of a great vacation.
 
SONICMASD said:
When you say "the Med" i assume you mean the Mediterranean Sea area?

I used to live in Spain and dug a lot of nice 18k over there,
Just wondering though what country was it ?

Spain is on some of the Med. and some of the Atlantic. Portugal is not, France and Italy, along with a large part of the African coast.
So What country were you in ?

When I was in Spain 10 years ago, if you knew where to hunt, and where to get a good price for your gold, you
might have been able to live off of what you got on the beaches,
Now a days with gold at record highs and the Euro so high against the dollar, it might be even more feasible.
Richard
 
Awesome job, did you run into anyone else detecting or hear if anyone else does?
 
Hey Les , Looks to me like CRACKBADGER has finally met his match. When i saw that banner pic, I

thought that somebody found a cache of gold . Congrats ! Gregory, Santa Fe.
 
Yeah - but did you find any pulltabs ? Looks like fun
 
Hi Les, Could you tell us the total weight?
 
What did customs say about your finds, Les? Any problems?
 
Looks like I need to get away! Awesome finds & thanks for sharing them with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
madmacabre said:
*takes the lords name in vain a million times* wonderful finds :o

Madmacaben are you refering to you as you comment about his finds?????



Les some great finds there. I envy the ability to have the time to do that........Look forward to more positing. Where in Missouri do you live, I use to live in Columbia, Mo?
 
Simply AMAZING.Very Good Job my FRIEND. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
diggerfororo said:
Cubfan64 said:
diggerfororo said:
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

"May there always be a road"

Les

Really beautiful - any chance I can tag along next time? I can diet enough to fit in a suitcase if need be :P

Seriously - excellent finds! Just out of curiosity, are most of the gold rings you find there 18K? I would tend to think you'd have much better odds of finding 18K+ there than in the US.

40 of the pieces were 18k 2 - 14k 1 - 9k

Les

Ahh - that's even better than I expected!! Wonder who the cheapskate was who lost the 9K :P

Pretty amazing finds though - you certainly either found some untapped resources over there, or it's a spot that gets replenished quickly.

Beautiful stuff
 
Banner Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
This leaves me speechless. These are the most amazing finds ever.
 
You rock! :headbang: Congrats!!
 
And I thought I did good only finding a couple of pull tabs as opposed to 100 my last hunt. Still wwaiting for my first gold.

Excellent finds! This is why I'm still in the hobby! :thumbsup: HH
 
Muddy Waters said:
austinjoe said:
Bravo. I have a chance to go to Sicily, to the coasts. Any thoughts from anyone on metal detecting in La bella Sicilia?


I just sent you an email. I was stationed in Sicily in the late 80's and detected the beaches in Scoglitti, Taormina and Cefalu. I also did some inland detecting. Bryan

who were you with there as I was in sicily myself in late 80s
 
awesome finds indeed, :thumbsup:

That CZ smokes over there for sure, seems like folks don't really MD much , nice place to relax and dig :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom