What's new

43 Gold from my May trip

diggerfororo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
709
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

"May there always be a road"

Les
 

Attachments

  • MVC-009F.webp
    MVC-009F.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 8,272
Upvote 2
Metal Head said:
Hi Les, Could you tell us the total weight?

To answer several q's in one shot.
The total weight of 18k was 204 grams. I have been going to this area since 1994 and have had few problems. I have never had any problem with customs as I have never been asked about my finds at all. There are usually several hunters that come over for shorter time periods and there are some locals as well as some friends from England that hunt in this area. The finds have fallen off in the last few years due to the beaches getting hunted harder and there has been several beaches that have been damaged by storms(sanded in) but we still manage to find some gold. We have loads of fun, and that is what it is all about. WHAT are "pull tabs" Just kidding, The pull tab to good target ratio is very low as is most other trash targets you find when water hunting.

Thanks for all the nice remarks and keep on diggin.

"May there always be a road"

Les
 
Wowwwwwweeeeeeee !!!!!!! What a haul...

That's an amazing amount of gold there Les..WTG

Rockyredbaron


HH to all
 
Just blows my mind! Fantastic vacation!!! Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
I WANNA GO THERE.....No wait., I wanna go somewhere just like it where you HAVEN'T been.
NICE HAUL!

~Nash~
 
I want to thank everyone for their nice replies. I am glad that I could share this experience with everyone. Here is another pix of the biggest ring for me on the trip.

Les
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001F.webp
    MVC-001F.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 5,665
diggerfororo said:
I want to thank everyone for their nice replies. I am glad that I could share this experience with everyone. Here is another pix of the biggest ring for me on the trip.

Les

I'm still wondering ..... like I'm sure everyone else is ...
what country were you in...
You can't possibly be worried that all these people will hop on a plane and go bogart your country...

When I was in Spain between 1994 - 1996 there were a lot of Spaniards that hunted the beaches, during the
summer months on any given night you might find 3-4 others out there walking the beaches after the 3 to 4
thousand people packed up and left...
Did not seem to mater what beach you were on.... someone else would be out there hunting with you..
We could always count on money, and a lot of Silver jewlry and maybe if we were lucky a gold ring
every other day or so..
 
great finds, were you in the water for these finds?
 
you are right about Spain, I go every year and the competition is great, but I still manage a few rings everytime
I'm heading back in Aug. (costa azahar)
 
TORRERO said:
diggerfororo said:
I want to thank everyone for their nice replies. I am glad that I could share this experience with everyone. Here is another pix of the biggest ring for me on the trip.

Les

I'm still wondering ..... like I'm sure everyone else is ...
what country were you in...
You can't possibly be worried that all these people will hop on a plane and go bogart your country...

When I was in Spain between 1994 - 1996 there were a lot of Spaniards that hunted the beaches, during the
summer months on any given night you might find 3-4 others out there walking the beaches after the 3 to 4
thousand people packed up and left...
Did not seem to mater what beach you were on.... someone else would be out there hunting with you..
We could always count on money, and a lot of Silver jewlry and maybe if we were lucky a gold ring
every other day or so..

We do hunt all along the coast of Spain. The compitation is greater then in past years because we have lost many beaches to sanding. In 2006 and 07 Spain had some bad storms that dumped up to 4 feet of sand in some areas and made it almost impossible to hunt. Several of these beaches were not used by locals or anyone for that matter. The loss of these hunting areas have reduced the no.of finds but we still have a lot of fun in the sun.(beer is cheap) We had 8 different people come over and hunt with us in the 40 plus days of our trip and everyone found some gold. I believe a good time was hadby all.

Les
 
hi steve here i live in spain i also detect in and out of water live not far from almeria ever md in that area there are some good areas when are you going on your next trip
 
Spanish said:
hi steve here i live in spain i also detect in and out of water live not far from almeria ever md in that area there are some good areas when are you going on your next trip
Hi Steve:

We are arriving on Sept first and will be staying about 80k south of Alicanti. I have hunted in the Almeria area some years ago but is a long day trip for us. If you e-mail me I can give you my telephone no. in Spain and we might be able to get together for a hunt or 2.

Les
 
Wow Les, that is one awesome haul! Makes me wish I had known how much fun detecting was when I was in the Navy in the Med...I can only imagine how much treasure I stepped over! Boo Hoo :'( :'( :'(
Do you go to the same place each year? Again, congrats!
 
Prober said:
Wow Les, that is one awesome haul! Makes me wish I had known how much fun detecting was when I was in the Navy in the Med...I can only imagine how much treasure I stepped over! Boo Hoo :'( :'( :'(
Do you go to the same place each year? Again, congrats!

Yes we pretty much hunt the same ares each year. There is so many beaches to hunt that we don't hunt "everyone"each time. Some of the beaches are several miles long and you can walk out for several hundred yards, it is hard to cover them in one or two visits. Iwas in the navy and toured the Med. in 64 & 65.
Thanks for the comments.

Les
 
What a haul! Good going Diggerfororo! Did you have any problems carrying your equipment on the plane? Was it checked baggage? I hear lots of checked baggage is lost, stolen or confiscated. P.S. I'm originally from St. Louis, but traded the snow for the sand.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom