43 Gold from my May trip

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
We left for out annual spring trip to the Med. on April the 8th and returned on May 21. We had a fairly good trip this year. I had some dental problems that cost me 7 days of hunting but I managed to pull out 43 Gold and about $800.00 in spendable coins. I hope you-all had a nice spring diggin and will look forward to some replies.

"May there always be a road"

Les

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,197
Upvote 1

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Les,
What a vacation!!!! indeed. Congrad's on a great haul. Glad to see it on the banner.
Joe

S

Scots Gaelic

Hmmmm. Ok, I am speechless - almost - J^%$C! Congrats that is great! :thumbsup:

WilliamTheFinder

May 9, 2008
I wonder if that ring has any ancient curse on it...or you know...latent spirits, or things of that nature...

cause it's got a mummy on it, and that must mean it's untold thousands of years old, ya know :icon_jokercolor:

echo114

Jun 6, 2008
Hey Les, I'm kinda new to metal detecting ( just started last year ) and i was wondering if you've ever been to wisconsin? Because thats where i live and i'm wondering if you know of any good ghost towns or treasure stories about indian ambushes on rich people or gangster murders. Please reply because i really want to go soon

OP
OP
diggerfororo

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
echo114 said:
Hey Les, I'm kinda new to metal detecting ( just started last year ) and i was wondering if you've ever been to wisconsin? Because thats where i live and i'm wondering if you know of any good ghost towns or treasure stories about indian ambushes on rich people or gangster murders. Please reply because i really want to go soon

Hi Echo, I have never been to your state so I can't give you any info. You should go to your local library and get a copy of your county history bood. There is A ton of info there.

Les

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Outstanding, Les, simply outstanding!!! :o :o :o

Congrats on all that gold, and not forgetting the silver! :headbang:

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Incredible! I'd like to see how much silver jewelry you also dug on that trip! :thumbsup: - Jim

OP
OP
diggerfororo

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
ziphius said:
Incredible! I'd like to see how much silver jewelry you also dug on that trip! :thumbsup: - Jim

Hey, thanks for the comment, Z. This was posted in May of 2008, but I still have my records. The silver count for the trip was -84 pieces- But I couldn't find a pix. I don't know how this post was reserected but it was nice to see again.

Les

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggerfororo said:
ziphius said:

Hey, thanks for the comment, Z. This was posted in May of 2008, but I still have my records. The silver count for the trip was -84 pieces- But I couldn't find a pix. I don't know how this post was reserected but it was nice to see again.

Les

That's because if someone says some else on a post, it's returned to the top of the page as a recent
update..
Also all the people who commented on the find first time around get an email saying a new comment
has been made... bla bla bla..

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice gold there..I figured the gold value at around $6,150.00 based on $1,250.00 per ounce....paid for that vacation and the dentist handily.. Congrats! :thumbsup:

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Wonder who the cheapskate was who lost the 9K
I have an idea ;D

An amazing amount of gold and pretty cool designs as well :hello2:. It's not like that stuff from 'Cheapskate Chains' as I call them.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta love that color awesome digs :thumbsup: Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread