AdamBuchanan
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2010
- Messages
- 85
- Reaction score
- 5
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Keystone Heights, FL
- Detector(s) used
- Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys and Gals,, got some swing time with my dad this afternoon, we decided on a lake bed going dry near the house. I had found an area where the rain had been washing out a nice trench running down to the lake from where an old boat ramp had once been, I wasn't 5 minutes into the hunt and was turning poptops and pennies in the trench then my IDX hit on a solid signal which hit on half dollar/ dollar , I never figured it would be a true half dollar, but sure enough about 6 inches down there she was... nice and green, a 1943 Walking Liberty,, I've been waiting on my first half dollar forever it seems.. I sure am glad to gotten that first out of the way.. I hope many more to come.. Thanks for reading and as always.. HH...
Attachments
Upvote
0

Baylor,, I'm not sure if I'm gonna clean it up.. I really think i'm gonna let it be as much as I would love to.. Congrats to your find also yesterday.. I know I was stoked ! I really couldn't believe it, I looked at it forever,,ha,, as Les said they are a scarce find... Diver..Yes all these lakes around here are being sucked dry and opening up a ton of new area to hunt... My dad and I figured with all the years these lakes have been here and all the folks that ski, swam, and fished these lakes theres gotta be some good finds on the beds.. We've been doing well on the lake beds.. its either him or I that have a good hunt but we both enjoy getting out even if its just for an hour or two.. The sad part is that the lakes are going away.. I'm not sure if they will ever come back.. in our area we are a big recharge for the aquifer and along with water usage permits being issued and increasing the water usage and just good old lack of rain has taken a toll on the communities lakes.. I really think the lakes are as low as I've ever seen them.. Thanks again all... Have a Blessed day !






