What's new

444 Ike Dollars 3/9/2010

atx_kt

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I asked for halves and 'large dollar coins' today, the teller produced a bag of 444 Ikes!

When I asked how they got so many Ikes, the teller said they have been in the vault for many years. Nobody had asked for them before, and they were glad to be rid of them.

No Morgans, Peace, or S mint mark Ikes were in the bag, it was all clad.

Also got $186 in loose halves, which were all clad too.

It was still fun to look through them all.:D
 

Attachments

  • SDC10930.webp
    SDC10930.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 517
  • SDC10931.webp
    SDC10931.webp
    36 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0
Bring those Ikes to a few coin dealers. I hear a few people get $1.10 for them. Otherwise, send them back into circulation.
 
Awesome score! I would keep most of the IKEs, and spend a couple of hundred just for fun, and to see how people reacted.
 
There are a couple of other things to look for. Like 1973 is pretty rare and 72P had 3 variety's and 76 has variety's as well.

Mojo
 
That's a ton of ikes man
 
My Credit Union was able to get me a $1000.00 bag of Ikes last year. Man was it heavy! I was hoping I would find a few silver dollars. I didn't find any SILVER though. I saved the best coins for each date. Never asked for another. Maybe I will try agin sometime.
 
Hey atx_kt, I recommend that you definitely go through them for the better conditioned ones and try to get a few of each year to make some sets. If they have been in that vault all that time they should be in very high grade. The others you can give as gifts or tips. I do that with the ones I get and everybody loves to get them.
rileyboy
 
I've found that a full bag of Ikes makes for a nice boat anchor.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom