What's new

45 minute finds

huntress104

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
566
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
decided to walk the neighbor's field Saturday afternoon. 45 minutes and 7 finds later I was back at the ranger. I found a really nice teardrop scraper and a nice whole point, an odd reworked point and a small reworked knife. Also in the mix was a larger scraper and 2 broken tips.

DSC03338.webp DSC03339.webp DSC03341.webp
DSC03342.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great finds! 45 minutes??! Crazy........

Cool material too, that teardrop piece looks to have pyrite speckles in it... maybe?
 
Great finds! 45 minutes??! Crazy........

Cool material too, that teardrop piece looks to have pyrite speckles in it... maybe?

could be. I looked at it closer and it does have a sparkle to it. never noticed that.
 
Very cool finds for 45 mins. Have to get out there at the crack of dawn if you want to beat the heat. Glad to see you post em up.
 
Very nice finds, and very time productive! So did you hunt the whole site in 45 minutes, or are you going back again to finish up when you have more time?
 
I like your neighbors field! Glad you got out. That Ranger makes life a little easier.
 
Very nice finds, and very time productive! So did you hunt the whole site in 45 minutes, or are you going back again to finish up when you have more time?

Well I have covered most of the field already but the area I found these in was about a half acre. And to answer your second question, yes I am going back again. As a matter of fact I went today and found a broken drill with a very nice base, a rough knife (broken too...) and a piece of broken scraper. Needless to say the plow has not been kind to the artifacts in this field.
 
I like your neighbors field! Glad you got out. That Ranger makes life a little easier.

I like it too!! Yes the ranger does save a few steps. Glad I have it. I can take my dogs with me so they can get some exercise too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom