Hot diggity
Sr. Member
I started detecting last summer at a fur trade site. Recently I've become aware of a much older (even larger) site a few miles away. My digging buddy & I have went there 5 times. We pool all our finds then draft one by one. These pics are just my share after washing under water. We have a pact not to pillage this site on our own so my progress has been slow. Note to buddy who I know will be reading this: Better not be busy next week! I don't want wifey excuses! Your married to artifacts now! And don't tell her I said that!
I tossed a couple of these things & traded the broken hooked point to buddy. They are in order of 1st trip, 2nd trip etc. The old copper complex awl was part of the "root through a buckle" haul although it wasn't included since it was so coated in patina, I mistook it for an iron nail & tossed it in vinegar overnight. Oops.
I tossed a couple of these things & traded the broken hooked point to buddy. They are in order of 1st trip, 2nd trip etc. The old copper complex awl was part of the "root through a buckle" haul although it wasn't included since it was so coated in patina, I mistook it for an iron nail & tossed it in vinegar overnight. Oops.
Attachments
-
1436616897102.webp50.2 KB · Views: 250 -
1436616918658.webp50.1 KB · Views: 240 -
1436616940818.webp66.7 KB · Views: 240 -
1436616958966.webp55.1 KB · Views: 235 -
1436616986668.webp22.4 KB · Views: 238 -
1436617006816.webp63.2 KB · Views: 227 -
1436617039276.webp81.8 KB · Views: 237 -
1436617058886.webp60.3 KB · Views: 231 -
1436617093628.webp20.9 KB · Views: 232 -
1436617109737.webp35.8 KB · Views: 229 -
1436617125977.webp17.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Upvote
0








