5 Morgan Silver Dollars

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting cold here, about to finish up my first year detecting, here is what I did. Turned in rolled up clad=$109.65 cashed in my scrap brass, copper, alum, and lead, I dug=15.81, sold some rings, and tokens=46.20,......... total=$171.68 With that money I bought these 5 Morgan Silver dollars. Those combined with the couple silver dimes, 30 Wheat pennies, 4 lbs of copper pennies, and an 1881 IH penny, and a silver and turquois ring my wife confiscated, all of which I kept, I had a pretty good first season 101_7084.JPG

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my wife took a ring frum me too:dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well make'n those finds earn more for you! The ring wasn't confiscated it's just on permanent loan, after all you know where it is! Yes you had a VERY good first season, congrats and HH!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Coop,

Looks like a pretty successful year. I'm sure you had a lot of fun also. Converting your findings to the Morgans was quite nice, I favor the Walking Liberty halves myself.

Hoping to get out a few more times this year, but did get about 1/2 inch of snow tonight.

Good Luck and hope you get a few more times out before the freeze.

Pete

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you find that million $ diamond crown, DONT TELL THE MRS.!!!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Pete. I had a blast. Love the AT Pro! put about 300 hours in!!( nothing to compare it to though) I am hoping, to get out a few more times as well, but it is 20 degress, and a skip of snow , gonna warm up this weekend!! I like the Libertys also, but there is just something about those heavy, Morgans. Almost time for the Ice Rink?
Hi Coop,

Looks like a pretty successful year. I'm sure you had a lot of fun also. Converting your findings to the Morgans was quite nice, I favor the Walking Liberty halves myself.

Hoping to get out a few more times this year, but did get about 1/2 inch of snow tonight.

Good Luck and hope you get a few more times out before the freeze.

Pete

Last edited:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost time for the rink if the weather stays cold I usually put it in around 1st week of December.

Want to get out a couple of more times before that.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morgans are my favorites too, Cooper. Congrats on a good year. Hope next is even better for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread