$5000.00 Diamond Ring Return

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last night I received a very frantic call from a guy who said that his girlfriend had lost her Diamond Engagement Ring over the weekend. I asked all the usual questions, how big, white or yellow gold,or was is platinum... stuff like that... We set up a time for me to go this morning and search an area only 30 x 50 relatively small...she proceeded to tell me the event on how she lost it and that they were having some fun with a fire and cooking marsh mallows... So I moved the fire pit and searched like crazy... after 1 1/2 search NOTHING... I just couldn't believe that I had to walk away... I felt miserable... I even called her back after leaving and was trying to think of all the other possibilities, I even suggested to look in the sink trap, maybe it was there.... well after a few hours I thought some more.... The only place we didn't look was in the fire pit, I called her back and told her to look in there... she said she had looked in there last night in the dark... I said go look again, you must all know the rest of the story... sure enough the BLACKENED 14 K White Gold 1 Carrot Square Cut Diamond Ring was in the ashes.... This ring was $5000.00 A great turn out for her and her boyfriend... one carrot diamond.jpg

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking like a true detective! Nice one!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go!! I'm the same way, if I don't find it - I rack my brain, cause it's gotta be somewhere!!! Nice thinking and Congrats!!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thinking Whydah, A life long story for them to tell and you remember. :icon_thumright:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well Done.... Papa

Top Member Reactions