What's new

$5000.00 Diamond Ring Return

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last night I received a very frantic call from a guy who said that his girlfriend had lost her Diamond Engagement Ring over the weekend. I asked all the usual questions, how big, white or yellow gold,or was is platinum... stuff like that... We set up a time for me to go this morning and search an area only 30 x 50 relatively small...she proceeded to tell me the event on how she lost it and that they were having some fun with a fire and cooking marsh mallows... So I moved the fire pit and searched like crazy... after 1 1/2 search NOTHING... I just couldn't believe that I had to walk away... I felt miserable... I even called her back after leaving and was trying to think of all the other possibilities, I even suggested to look in the sink trap, maybe it was there.... well after a few hours I thought some more.... The only place we didn't look was in the fire pit, I called her back and told her to look in there... she said she had looked in there last night in the dark... I said go look again, you must all know the rest of the story... sure enough the BLACKENED 14 K White Gold 1 Carrot Square Cut Diamond Ring was in the ashes.... This ring was $5000.00 A great turn out for her and her boyfriend... one carrot diamond.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thinking like a true detective! Nice one!
 
She nearly got burned on that one. :laughing7:
 
Way to go!! I'm the same way, if I don't find it - I rack my brain, cause it's gotta be somewhere!!! Nice thinking and Congrats!!!!
 
Good thinking Whydah, A life long story for them to tell and you remember. :icon_thumright:
 
Glad the 'ice' didn't melt!
 
Well Done.... Papa
 
Great story! Excellent thinking! They called the right person!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom