What's new

556 lbs of lead sold @ 50 cents a lb...also sold....

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I finaly went through all my lead that I have been hoarding the past 3 seasons.....Needless to say, I had quite a bit more than I needed... I had 8- 5 gallon buckets, that were way to heavy for this old guy to be picking up... Being a charter fisherman, I found myself keeping all the good sinkers, I felt no need of selling. Also saves me time on melting and making up new ones for next years trips. I ended up saving close to a 100 lbs for myself... While I was going through the lead, I also went through this seasons Brass & Copper too. I did ok with it for just this season.... Sold it all today and walked away with $278.00 for the lead and $69.80 for the Brass & Copper..... for a Toatal of $347.80....not bad for 3 seasons of lead and 1 season of Brass & Copper.... so keep everything, it pays well!.....also if you are keeping track, as of now I had saved close to 656 lbs of lead in 3 seasons of detecting.... and I still ahve another month for this year to start a new batch, now that's crazy digging....wish it were GOLD.....:) Lead (2).webpLead (3).webpLead (4).webpLead (8).webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
helps pay towards batteries or gas etc.
plus youre cleaning our waters :icon_thumright:
keep up the excellent work
 
free money for lead.... getting paid to metal detect...how cool is that....
 
That's so awesome...I love seeing others that get as excited about lead as I do...:)

I'm going to try and take a pic tomorrow of all my lead from last year, cause even I'm curious how much it all weighs after reading your story....
I started a new pile for this year..It's pretty amazing how much you can find hunting either in the water or near jetties or piers...
I can't remember if I posted the thread here last year, but one day I posted a thread called Sinkerfest...
I was hunting a blowout low tide one day near an old fishing spot and found 25 sinkers in an hour, so I thought it would be fun challenge to go back the next day and see how many I could find if I really tried to just dig sinkers..
The next day at a full blowout I put on the boots and went out to about knee high and amazingly I dug 95 sinkers in a timed 3 hour hunt and .55 cents in clad...LOL
The sound of them is so distinctive that you can pretty much tell, before you even dig, but they give off this sweet low tone so they are always exciting to dig...I think my biggest to date is a 10 ouncer...
I had them all in my front pocket of my hoodie and the weight of them was so immense that it had the pocket hanging below the family jewels :D

I always tell people I would rather dig a sinker than a small denomination coin, especially a Zincoln...

Great story and I'm glad I bring home everything with me from my digs :)

556 lbs is absolutely amazing...CONGRATS !!!
 
WTG,getting paid for doing what you love:icon_thumright:,,HH:hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom