6/18/12: 2 Boxes (Teaching the "Skunk" whos boss!)

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
6/18/12: 2 Boxes (Teaching the "Skunk" who's boss!)

Hey Hey,

My 2 boxes from "a different source" came in early.

Box 1
skunk

Box 2
skunk

I took the bag to the bank and asked if they had any halves:

$1 loose from the trays:
1 - 40% 1968

Take that skunk!!!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0
nice on the teller tray score, it sure makes dumping easier when you get some silver :icon_thumleft:
HH
Buff

nice on the teller tray score, it sure makes dumping easier when you get some silver :icon_thumleft:
HH
Buff

Amen Buff!

I should also note that these two boxes were unlike any box I have ever opened. The box was tan with very light yellow. The rolls were black and white (aka "skunk wrappers") with the words "$10 Halves" all over the wrapper. Lots of halves in the 1970's, just no silver. I'll do another 2 boxes from them next month.

H$H!!
TGB

:) Got to love those! My teller finds are far and in between. Good catch.
HSH,
apush

I am plagued with them "skunk wrappers" all the time here, I am on a hefty skunk streak, I stopped counting... I must be nearing 30 box skunk streak by now, maybe this week's order will change it for the better.

I do not want to drop this bank because they have produced very well in the past, but the last 10 months have been horrific. Keep at any half dollar source you can get, as long as you can dump em!
HH
Buff
Amen Buff!

I should also note that these two boxes were unlike any box I have ever opened. The box was tan with very light yellow. The rolls were black and white (aka "skunk wrappers") with the words "$10 Halves" all over the wrapper. Lots of halves in the 1970's, just no silver. I'll do another 2 boxes from them next month.

H$H!!
TGB

Keep at any half dollar source you can get, as long as you can dump em!
HH
Buff

That's what I was thinking last night. I am going to keep my order at two a week from this bank. Historically, I have had better luck with the "String" boxes....

H$H!!
TGB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back