Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 0619 002.jpg
    0619 002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
I was also wondering what that term meant..I 'm thinking that it is a stone setting that has no "underpinning " holding it in place...it is just set in place with nothing underneath it, but I'm not sure....maybe someone else has a correct answer.

Lorraine

not sure if im using the right word but.....if you flip a piece of jewelry over that has a diamond in it, there is usually a hole in the metal. a ring with daimonds in chanel setting like dewgurus would have one hole for each diamond on the bottom side of the diamond.

not sure why they do this or if they do it for all chanel set diamonds?
chuck.

Dew that is one of the best earrings I have seen on here.

Heres a photo of the inside -- he was inquiring about the holes. Many different names for basically the same thing. I typically refer to them as breathers myself. :o

Attachments

• 0619a 001.jpg
    0619a 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 71
Nice earing with Ice.:icon_thumleft:

First off, great finds Guru!! Secondly, the reason for the "venting', "holes", whatever you call it behind the diamonds is that it lets the light refract better and gives the stone more "sparkle". They also do it on CZ's and others, but common practice with the real Ice!

Aaron

it's not called venting it's called a seat. almost all stones have a point on them so when the jeweler has to cut the seat he drilles a hole all the way through the gold so the point has some where to go. and no that is not a hole so the stone can breathe

Real nice detecting Dew . Nice finds!!:hello2:

it's not called venting it's called a seat. almost all stones have a point on them so when the jeweler has to cut the seat he drilles a hole all the way through the gold so the point has some where to go. and no that is not a hole so the stone can breathe
I think the hole is for light to shine through.

yes and also for light

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back