What's new

$660 in Halves and no 88s?

seattleMD

Full Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
102
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I know '87 is rare, but is '88 a rare date as well? Since I started CRHing halves, I've gone through $660 worth and have yet to find an '88.
 
Upvote 0
As much as $600-$700 dollars in halves sounds like it is a really small amount to what most of us go through on here. You will see them. I go through around $5000 a month in coin and I believe from reading this forum I am only a average CRHer!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!
 
88 is not a rare date, the 87 isn't either. The 87 was only issued in mint and proof sets, so that makes it more difficult to find, but not rare.
 
As everyone's been saying, it's not rare. But for some odd reason some common dates can elude you for awhile. The whole reason I started half hunting in the first place was because I could never find a 1978. It was the only hole I hadn't filled in my Whitman. It took me a few hundred $ but I finally got one. Once your search volume goes up tough dates become common.
 
seattleMD said:
I know '87 is rare, but is '88 a rare date as well? Since I started CRHing halves, I've gone through $660 worth and have yet to find an '88.

Over 28 million were issued incl. proofs.
As Immy says (incease your volume), if you go through a few thousand a week, you'll probably have a couple rolls worth by April.
 
you want me to send you one. I know the later 80's are seen less frequently. I have filled six sets now and only need the 70.

I searched 96 boxes in Jan alone. I usually do 20 boxes a week and would do more if I could get them.

Thanks
Cat
 
Cat J said:
you want me to send you one. I know the later 80's are seen less frequently. I have filled six sets now and only need the 70.

I searched 96 boxes in Jan alone. I usually do 20 boxes a week and would do more if I could get them.

Thanks
Cat

I appreciate the thought, but considering I just started, it's a little early to start getting hand-me-downs considering I just started CRHing last month. It was more a curiosity question than a real desire to fill a missing hole in my collection.

Thank again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom