What's new

7 Coppers, Bale seal, Knee Buckle

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD and me, the way it used to be.

4 Coppers and the knee buckle was got by ZDD, and I'm thinking he is a little too busy for show and tell ??, Anyway I'm waiting for the pics. myself of the cleaned up pics. He got a nice counter stamped copper among his 4, and a nice knee buckle frame.

Anyway been a long time since we went on a hunt forgether, May 29 if my memory serves, and journal are correct.

Anyway here's the pics. of what I got :
1 Bull ring...complete, (usually only half at at a time)
1 bale seal, K. S. I like it. At least it is not the same as most of the ones I got before.
2 blank coppers
1 nice NS 1861 1 cent, with a bit of stubborn green left on it.

IMG_1625.webp

IMG_1626.webpIMG_1627.webp

When ZDD sends me his pic. of his counter stamped coin I will add it here.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Glad you got out and made some sweet finds!
 
Well done Rick!
 
Hey, THANKS AARC, J.Cache, and Steve of PA.

I admit I haven't been oout much lately, but hopefully I will correct that.

Good luck out there to all of yous guys....Eh ?

BTW I'm going on a "free style" hunt with a friend tomorrow we will see what happens.....to be continued....
 
RICK U GOT SOME NICE ONES THERE , AND THE 1861 IS SWEET .
 
Nice early Nova Scotia LC you found there! Beautiful!
 
Once again Rick, sweet finds!
Great to see you guys out again, counter stamped coins are so fascinating , I love seeing them
 
Good results from the hunt, the copper has great details still. You're not the only one that just gets the halves of the rings, but once in awhile a whole one comes up and the pin hinge still moves.

It's the curse of a busy lifestyle either there's no time for detecting, or getting a few short hunts in and then having no extra time for posting up and sharing the results.
 
Nice little hunt...didn't you just say on another post the other day that you wanted to find a bale seal? Great job! like to see that counterstamped coin...
 
Nothing wrong with that day, apart from the condition issues. It seems more and more coppers are toast, but I just have to look at my copper grave yard display to remind myself it has pretty much always been like that.

I'm with IH on the stamped coin, took a liking to them very early on and always a treat to find. Just doesn't happen often, and most you can't seem to track down an ID for... but they are cool! It's always on my to find list each year but not sure if I would average one per year, but do have a good little collection.
 
Glad to see you guys back in the groove. Hope this is a sign of good things to come. Great hunt!
 
Looks like a great hunt to me good job man!
 
Slick Rick knocking it out of the block:headbang:

Nice digs man that 1861 is very nice i would rub some mineral oil on that baby it would really bring it out..

~Blaze~
 

Very interesting finds Rick, can't say that I've ever seen a complete bull ring posted on here before? :icon_scratch:
I'll definitely have to keep my ears & eyes open for when these pop up.

Love the large flat button and the '61 LC, here's holed-one I found in Kingston, ON a few years back. :thumbsup:
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 1861 NS LC 01.webp
    1861 NS LC 01.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 1861 NS LC 02.webp
    1861 NS LC 02.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom