What's new

$8 in pennies on a snowbound day in upstate ny!

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched 800 pennies; 4 wheats ('26,'45x2,'52) unc 1965 Canadian, 192 coppers, or 25%...about average I guess
 
Upvote 0
Well ya did better than I did. Only I went through 5000 & only found 4 wheat's. I got the bag from a credit union that has a coin counter, I was hoping that some of their older members might have brought in some of their old jars full of change. No such luck. I do better with a box from the bank with an average of 12 per box.
 
You are both doing better than me. I've only recently started, but I have found a grand total of 12 wheats in 6 boxes ($150)
 
Friends,
It won't be long until the coppers will be as hard to find as wheaties.
I can remember in the 60's you could find wheaties all of the time.
Also silver was plentiful.

Looking back and applying what I saw then compared to now, coppers are the next "wish I'd known then..."

Scott
 
AU24K said:
Friends,
It won't be long until the coppers will be as hard to find as wheaties.
I can remember in the 60's you could find wheaties all of the time.
Also silver was plentiful.

Looking back and applying what I saw then compared to now, coppers are the next "wish I'd known then..."

Scott

Why I am pulling and keeping all that I sort. Percents around here are ~20% so every box I do nets me close to 500 coppers. A copper cent melt is double face currently.
 
Here I find a lot of pre 82 but have not started to save them yet. I keep 70s, & a few others that I think might net a profit in the future.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom