What's new

A bogus dollar?

Dcoop

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
I believe this is a trade dollar,but didnt fake ones go around back then,whatever this is made out of i could literally peel the lady off if I wanted; couldnt get a good back shot of it.thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0339.webp
    IMG_0339.webp
    94 KB · Views: 543
Weird - and that sucks if its not real.

Maybe chocolate inside? :wink: (looking for the "silver" lining)

B
 
Upvote 0
What does the other side look like?
 
Upvote 0
I dug a fake Barber Half that looks very similar to yours. Appears to be pewter, with some form of silver plating/wash? on the surface. Almost happier that I dug the fake rather then a real one. (Far left of the photo)
 

Attachments

  • Barber Fake#1.webp
    Barber Fake#1.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 457
  • Barber Fake#2.webp
    Barber Fake#2.webp
    72 KB · Views: 447
  • Barber Fake#1.webp
    Barber Fake#1.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 445
  • Barber Fake#2.webp
    Barber Fake#2.webp
    72 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
Contemporary Counterfeits are always nice. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Curbdigger...are you sure that barber isn't real? I found one like it once, and had to use electrolysis to get the crud to pop off, but it was real. It looked even worse than yours with the bubbly crud buildup on it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom